Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal’s People Team provides leadership for initiatives that support talent, performance, change management, new leader coaching, organizational design, and employee relations. When it comes to designing and implementing programs and policies, this is second nature to you. You’re always focused on how your work impacts the bottom line and are viewed as a confident business leader. You’re thoughtful in your approach, but have tenacity. You’ll use your unique blend of entrepreneurial spirit to build creative, scalable solutions that align our people and places. This role reports to the Head of People and works alongside the Talent Team.
What You Will Do
- Develop a deep expertise in the Tonal brand. Invest in building relationships with your colleagues that is centered around trust and reliability
- This role requires strong analytical skills and the ability to translate goals into human resource capabilities needed to achieve measurable results across the organization
- Consistently apply our policies and practices while having a pragmatic and flexible approach to solving for business issues as you understand how individually unique each situation can be
- Expand HR tools, processes, and guidelines that reflect current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends
- Understand the business and talent needs and ensure People & Talent teams are designing and executing accordingly
- Be a thought partner. You have tremendous impact on Tonal’s success, be proud of the work you bring to the table
- We can rely on your pulse of the organization as you support employees through hardship and influencing managers to enact changes
- Thoughtfully review and analyze people data across a variety of sources to identify trends, patterns, and areas of opportunity. Prepare monthly reports for review with the Leadership Team
- Run and manage quarterly employee engagement initiatives and surveys, new management training, and co-lead an impactful onboarding experience across both Tonal HQ and Tonal Retail
- Ensures total rewards deliverables are crafted to attract and retain key talent necessary to achieve the business goals
Who You Are
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an HR Operational/Business Partner role within high-growth organizations
- Understanding of various local and federal employment laws and their impact on HR matters
- High EQ, cultural awareness and compassion
- Familiarity with analytics, and a capability to pull data from disparate systems, organize and aggregate the data and provide insightful analysis and insights into trends
- Naturally curious. Always seeking to learn more and to improve on/streamline processes and programs
- Motivated. Manages challenging issues to closure; helps managers build high-performing teams
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch are imperative
- Proven track record of identifying people problems and using strategic skills to drive and influence appropriate solutions
- Have worked with and managed the complexities of a PEO. Experience off-boarding a PEO preferred