PRI Productions is seeking an energetic, customer-focused and highly-organized Event Planner/Producer to join our growing team. Qualified candidates must possess and demonstrate the skills and maturity to be successful in a fast-paced, highly-collaborative environment; and must have a love for the dynamics, tempo and energy of the special event business as well as a strong ability to build solid, lasting relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels.
ABOUT PRI PRODUCTIONS
As a leader in event production for more than 24 years, we have built a solid reputation for innovative program design and management. At the heart of that success is a commitment to excellence, and that starts with our talented team of creative professionals. Listening to clients, treating them as partners, and providing exceptional service at fair and reasonable prices is core to building the long-term relationships we desire to have with the individuals and organizations we have the pleasure of working with. Through that approach, we guarantee incomparable event experiences for each of them, their clients and their guests.
Working at PRI, you will experience:
- Exceptional creativity, enthusiasm and flexibility
- Superb attention to detail
- A highly-collaborative and professional environment
- Opportunities for growth
A PRI Event Planner/Producer is responsible for creating, organizing and supervising every element of clients’ events in a fast-paced environment. He or she will lead coordination of up to 75 events per year with an ability to anticipate needs, discern priorities, meet deadlines with little supervision and be willing to work evenings and weekends. The success of an individual in this position is directly tied to client satisfaction, retention and event profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the development of long-term client relationships.
- Handles incoming calls from individuals, corporations and associations for meetings, conventions, parties, festivals, company events, etc.
- Meets with a client to discuss goals and objectives then designs an event plan including video production needs, staging, lighting, room designs, decorations, catering, etc.
- Prepares a job cost and client proposal after engaging all necessary internal teams, then pitches the concept to the client to obtain approval.
- Explains in detail to the client how the event will flow, what will happen, when and how.
- Meets with client and Media Services representative to design/approve any support materials required for the event.
- Performs a site inspection with the client and any necessary members of the assigned technical crew.
- Serves as lead coordinator to all other internal teams necessary to creating, staging and executing the client’s event.
- Supervises vendors, partners, sponsors and exhibitors at events during set-up and execution of the program in full.
- Oversees catering staff, decorators, AV techs, and all other personnel necessary to pulling off an assigned event during set-up and the event program in full.
- Handles all issues that arise from clients, vendors, sponsors, etc.
- Ensures that everything promised to the client is delivered.
- Prepares for the event’s strike with the assigned team leader and assembles all necessary paperwork to make sure all company property is returned in good condition and that the event space is left clean.
- Handles rental packages for smaller client events.
- Tracks all of company’s expenses to vendors and strictly manages adherence to event budget.
- Receives all vendor invoices for events, verifies items and expenses, and forwards for approval.
- Prepares a final event profitability report.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities deemed necessary for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in event management or a related field from four-year college or university OR an equivalent combination of education and experience in a related industry.
- Etiquette: Basic knowledge of etiquette, including table set-up, place settings, placement of silverware, glassware, proper food serving and plate removal.
- Computers: Must possess basic computer skills and be very detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
- People: Due to the highly collaborative nature of this work, strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Language: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reports, journals, technical procedures and regulations with an ability to write reports, business correspondence. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from team members, clients, customers and the general public using excellent communication skills.
- Math: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume, etc. Must be able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to daily work.
- Reasoning: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Certificates, Licensure and Registrations: Must have documentation proving eligibility to work in the United States, reliable and insured transportation, as well as a valid driver’s license and driving record with three (3) points or less.
Job Type: Full-time
- Event Management: 4 years
- Valid, state-issued driver's license
Required work authorization: