The Credit and Collection specialist will proactively identify, initiate and conduct collection activity for assigned accounts. Will work continuously to reduce aging receivables and inform the Controller/CFO of the status of collections, throughout the process. Will work closely with Sales and Customer Service on decisions regarding the release and delivery of new orders, payment status and collection efforts. Will be responsible to research and resolve potential credit or billing concerns. The representative should have strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of the invoicing process and accounts receivables. Must maintain a high level of personal responsibility, integrity and ownership.
- Handles inbound and outbound calls resolving outstanding payment issues and customer inquiries.
- Carry out the established program for follow up and collection of assigned accounts.
- Reviews weekly aging of assigned accounts and maintains current notes regarding payment status.
- Performs related follow up activities such as reconciliation of payment disputes, credit adjustments, etc.
- Work closely with Customer Service regarding releasing of customer orders, utilizing established parameters for releasing credit hold orders, as necessary.
- Pull business credit reports and request credit references for prospective new customers.
- Will assist in cash application when needed.
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in commercial collection and/or A/R.
- Consumer electronics, construction or related industry experience preferred.
- Understand all aspects and procedures of invoicing and A/R.
- Strong PC skills – Excel and Word
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and organization skills.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through teamwork, positive, honest and effective communication and professional interactions with co-workers and customers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 to $52,000.00 /year
- credit or collections: 2 years (Required)