It is the responsibilty of the Engineering Manager to oversee a variety of trades and employees within the Engineering Department. Handle all mechanical, electrical, structural, and other technical systems within the Property area other outside facilities under the care of Engineering Department.
- Oversee staffing, financials, and work of selected areas/trades.
- Handle all maintenance, projects and material procurement associated with the entire Property.
- Handle and troubleshoot electrical systems, motor controls, and lighting and dimming systems.
- Track job progress by maintaining detailed records and monitoring work progress.
- Interact with other Department Managers regarding work requests and maintenance needs.
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
- Supervise assigned operational functions within the department to include prioritizing work load to staffing resources, meeting budgetary guidelines, ordering and maintaining stock items, specialty parts, and special project needs.
- Review, plan, and coordinate all job assignments, set work priorities, make cost-effective assignment decisions, and ensure the completion of projects in a timely, efficient, and effective manner, in accordance with all established guidelines/standards of the department.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of the Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Oversee completion of detailed tasks designed to enhance the life of equipment and assets as related to the facility.
- Empower employees to provide premier service to guests.
- Ensure teamwork and an interdepartmental approach to meeting guest service/quality expectations.
- Work closely in mentoring/coaching all positions in additional tasks/responsibilities to optimize advancement opportunities available for subordinate staff.
- Perform trade specific duties associated with the supervised discipline and provide guidance/direction as needed.
- Ensure employees are properly trained and follow established safety standards by conducting periodic in-services on equipment, safety issues, policies, and procedures.
- Provide leadership and direction and contribute to the success of the organization and its strategic priorities by forging a vision of the future; positively influencing people and events; encouraging innovation and creativity; thinking strategically; leading change: motivating individuals and teams and building a capacity for continuous improvement.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering Management: 1 year (Required)
- Supervisor & Engineering/Facilities: 5 years (Required)