National Hospitality Services (NHS) has a passion for results. Throughout our many years in the hospitality industry, we have proven the ability to deliver service and value. Our expertise covers a broad range of lodging options, from extended stay and limited service properties, to full-service hotels featuring restaurants and convention centers.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Tyler offers 113 spacious, modern guest suites. Each suite features separate living and sleeping areas along with full kitchens that include a full-size refrigerator, microwave, two-burner stove and dishwasher. The hotel also offers an outdoor pool, hot tub and sports court, fitness center, complimentary breakfast, evening social Monday-Thursday, on-site meeting space and more. The hotel is situated near Tyler’s medical district and is just 14 miles from Tyler Pounds Regional Airport. Also, nearby are the Caldwell Zoo, Goodman-LeGrand Museum and many options for outdoor recreation
This role will respond to all guest requests for shuttle service in a prompt and courteous manner, assisting guests with their luggage while boarding and off-loading the shuttle. This role will also be responsible for keeping the general appearance of the hotel in clean and functional working order.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for cleaning all public hotel areas in the following manner:
- Lobby Area: Dust all furniture daily. Dust the front desk daily and lightly oil the wood once a week. Keep cushions on the couches and chairs straight and neat. Dust all windowsills twice a week. Keep fireplace, shelves and lampshades free of dust. Dust or wipe off plants as needed. High dust twice a month as needed.
- Business Center: Empty trash daily. Dust and vacuum as needed. Clean glass doors daily.
- Guest Elevators: Vacuum inside once a day. Check elevator tracks for litter and clean the track with stainless steel cleaner. Clean all the heater vents at each entrance as needed. The heater vents are the white metal boxes built into the wall at each entrance.
- Entrance door, windows and heater vents: Clean all entrance door windows on the first floor. Check for handprints often and clean windows on the outside when weather permits. Clean all heater vents at each entrance as needed. The heater vents are the white metal boxes built into the wall at each entrance.
- Phone Areas: Clean phone booths and phones daily. More often if needed. High dust phone areas once a week. Replace phone books as needed.
- Employee Break Room: Touch up employee break room each day after lunch. If dirty dishes are left in break room get a cart and take them to the kitchen. Empty all trash containers as needed. Wipe off vending machines and high dust them weekly. Once a week clean microwave and refrigerator. Mop floor if needed.
- Public Restrooms: Symphony Hall, Conference Hall, Basie’s, Pool Area, and Employee restrooms need attention daily. Keep restrooms cleaned and freshly stocked with paper supplies and hand soap. Once a week, when time permits, clean stall walls and doors. Glass cleaner works best for this project. Mop under urinals and sink areas daily. Use a little air freshener in the mop water. This leaves the restrooms with a fresh clean smell. Check mirrors and faucets often, touch-up as needed. Once a week, clean mirrors from top to bottom. Clean paper towel dispenser, toilet tissue holders, wall hung ashtrays, and personal seat covers. Empty all trashcans and wipe off containers as needed. Clean ceramic tiles around paper towel dispensers and light switches.
- Administrative Offices and Sales Office: Empty trash daily. Replace liners as needed. Dust and vacuum if it won’t bother the staff.
- Pool Area: When time allows tidy up the pool area. Furniture can be wiped off. Empty trash if needed. Clean the water fountain. Tidy up the fitness center and check windows for spots. Collect used pool towels. In the summer months the patio area may need to be cleaned up.
- Assist laundry or housekeepers as needed during slow times.
- Inform management of any areas of the hotel that you feel needs special attention.
- Let your supervisor know if there are areas you feel need to be deep cleaned or have maintenance problems.
- Inform management of supplies you need so you can do your job properly.
· Notify management of any maintenance needs.
· Assist all guests in a sincere and courteous manner, whenever possible going the extra mile and doing whatever it takes to ensure guest satisfaction.
Required Skills and Experience
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Regular, consistent attendance in conformance with the Delta by Marriott standards is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Able to accept directions and priorities from members of management and reliably follow through on tasks.
- Highly energetic and motivated individual
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business