Principal Mechanical Developer-180010ZZ
Oracle is searching for highly motivated engineers who want to maximize their skills developing cutting edge hardware systems for a growing marketplace. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is working to build the next generation Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud, with record breaking-performance and world class quality using the latest and greatest technology.
As part of the OCI Hardware Development & Engineering Team, the applicant will be involved in developing the next generation of Oracle hardware that underlies and OCI's offerings. These system utilize cutting edge technology to deliver record-breaking performance, simplified management, and cost-saving efficiencies.
Our organization is looking for highly motivated, dedicated team members to do hardware design & development for these products. Engineers will utilize a broad skillset to implement designs and participate in all phases of product development including:
- Initial concept and platform architecture
- Component selection
- Design implementation (design, layout, prototyping, etc.)
- Manufacturing, assembly, and test
- Bringup and debug
Engineers on our team have broad opportunity to explore multiple areas of systems design including:
- Broad-scope mechanical engineering across server, rack, and data center scales
- Quality engineering at every stage of product development and introduction
- Design for manufacturing at global cloud scale
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering plus five to ten years of relevant experience
- Experience with 3D parametric MCAD software packages, in particular Pro/E, SolidWorks, and/or AutoCAD
- Experience with rapid prototyping technologies (3D printing, soft
Top 3 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
- Experience working directly with both mechanical and electronics manufacturing and assembly providers in a factory/manufacturing/assembly line environment
- Experience working with multiple teams and/or organizations and partners to achieve flexible, serviceable, and low-cost server platform, rack, and data center designs
- Experience with ECAD tools (Altium Designer, Cadence Allegro) and thermal simulation tools (ANSYS Icepack, Mentor Graphics FloTHERM) a plus
1. Design experience owning whole/complete mechanical designs
2. Computer Architecture / Systems experience (CPUs, Servers, PCs)
3. Hands-on experience with using MCAD tools to provide detailed mechanical design options and drive decision making
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Evaluates reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production; plans, designs and develops electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, optical systems and/or DSP systems.
Responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic, electro-mechanical or mechanical components, assemblies or integrated circuitry for hardware systems for the external market. Includes new design, as well as modification activities that results in significant product enhancement. Activities encompass design, analysis, testing and process development using engineering principles and methods. Technical disciplines may include electrical and logical design of printed circuit boards or integrated circuits; mechanical design of electronics enclosures or integrated circuit packaging; and embedded software/firmware design.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.