What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As an Unload Associate, this means:
- Being friendly and professional, and responding quickly to customer and associate needs.
- Ensuring merchandise is properly handled and distributed in an efficient and timely matter.
- Following all lifting and safety procedures while appropriately placing shipments.
The Unload Associate spends most of his/her time unloading merchandise from distribution center trucks. This associate helps ensure the store is stocked and ready to deliver the right products to customers by unloading merchandise efficiently and safely. To be successful, the associate must understand and prepare for the physical demands of moving merchandise for the majority of his/her shift.
This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
- Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- 6 months of experience operating a forklift in confined spaces (e.g., a semi-trailer).