As a representative for our company you will serve as a host/hostess to customers, you will be the frontline for customer service. You will serve as a host/hostess to customers and support kitchen staff by accommodating any special needs of guests. As a part of the team you will inspect dining room serving stations and tables for cleanliness and neatness, restock supplies, set tables, buss tables, take orders, prepare beverages and expedite orders.
1. Accommodates and special needs of the guests
2. Inspects dining room service stations for neatness/cleanliness, restocks food and condiment stations while avoiding contamination
3. May prepare beverages and expedite food orders
4. Monitors the amount of guests entering/exiting the café
5. Stock/Re-stock utensils, plates, glasses in the service area
6. Uses carts to transport utensils, glassware, plates, and food
7. Acts as a host/hostess for guests, takes orders, and set/re-set tables with place settings
8. Restocks food and condiment stations while avoiding contamination
9. Follows safety and sanitation procedures with all guidelines from OSHA, Department of Public Health and Risk Management
*NOTE: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks which are illustrative ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed or assigned by this position.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Interpersonal and organizational skills
2. Excellent culinary skills
3. Sense of urgency
4. Excellent verbal skills
5. Excellent multi-tasking skills
6. Excellent customer service skills
7. Professional appearance
8. Ability to move throughout the café and kitchen
9. Ability to wipe down table tops, table legs, pick up debris off the floor, and wipe down booth seats in all areas of the operation
10. Knowledge of safety and sanitation in the work place
11. Ability to lead a team
Education and Work Experience
1. High school diploma or GED
2. 1+ year experience in a food service operation and or customer service role
1. The work environment for Front of House includes the following large kitchen environment elements and exposures
a. Fast paced kitchen
b. High sense of urgency
c. Moderate to high noise level
d. Exposure to soap and cleaning solutions
e. Slippery/uneven surfaces may be encountered
1. Must have and maintain an active ServSafe Food Handlers Certification
1. Some heavy lifting (may lift 10-50 lbs.) and possible moving of equipment required
2. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision
3. Repetitive hand motion carrying food containers, using carts both loaded and unloaded
4. Standing, walking, bending/twisting, and balance are all required to perform job task
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Physical requirements include stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Under The Americans with Disabilities Act reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
FlagShip is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 /hour