Founded in 2014 by it’s parent companies Wedgewood Inc. and HMC Assets LLC, CIVIC Financial Services is a well-capitalized lending-arm of the Wedgewood Companies. CIVIC is a fast growing lender and plays a critical role in the vertically integrated real estate company located in North Redondo Beach. Wedgewood is a buyer of distressed residential real estate and has completed more than 25,000 fix and flip transactions since its inception. CIVIC was started to provide synergistic opportunities within the company and to fund business purpose and residential investment loans for real estate buyers and investors.
Do you love to tell stories? Are you a culture vulture? Do you think making videos and podcasting is super fun? Are you embarrassed by your company’s terrible attempts at internal marketing?
CIVIC Financial Services is looking for you! Civic, a private moneylender funding real estate investment properties, is seeking a highly motivated communications specialist to fill the newly created position Internal Communications Manager
. This position will be our communications champion, responsible for producing and managing an internal marketing program to build culture and develop cohesion within our rapidly-growing company.
What you'll do:
- Design and implement a communications plan to promote and reinforce Civic’s culture, core values, purpose, and goals
- Produce fun, dynamic, engaging internal marketing content using multiple platforms, including digital media, video, voice, text, social media, and live events
- Be a great partner to company leadership, department heads, and employees to enhance the effectiveness and delivery of their locally-created content
- Network throughout the company and develop the knowledge, skills, and habits for employees to engage in and contribute to the media program
- Develop a multi-media onboarding program for new employees, which instills Civic’s culture and enables them to clearly communicate
- Oversee cache of past content and implement a system for improved access to enhance institutional knowledge
- Monitor the effectiveness and ROI of the communications plan by tracking employee engagement and feedback; then improve internal communications as indicated by the data
- Plan and oversee the internal communications calendar, and help ensure internal communication messages are integrated throughout Civic processes
- Work with senior leaders to develop an internal crisis management plan
What you'll need:
What's in it for you:
- 5-10+ years in a communications, media, or marketing role
- College degree preferred
- Experience working in real estate or financial services is a plus
- Natural-born leader who is comfortable working with and teaching all levels of company employees
- Fabulous communicator who gets along with anyone and everyone
- Media junkie who loves making compelling media of all types regardless of budget
- Captivating presenter, with the ability to engage groups large or small
- Not at all camera-shy, with the ability to be serious, but also a little silly
- Patient motivator who understands it may take some colleagues longer than others to acquire new media skills
- Outside-the-box problem solver, ready to tackle issues without a how-to manual
- An influencer, adept at building relationships, understanding organizational complexities, managing conflict, and navigating politics
- Tech enthusiast with the ability to use or willingness to learn to use media equipment
Wedgewood offers our team members a competitive compensation, 401K, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
• Company Sponsored Outings: Past events have included sporting events, happy hours, parking lot BBQs, bowling and bocce ball tournaments, office theme parties, and more.
• In-house Investment Programs: Participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs. We also offer home ownership & loan programs.
• Contribute to Your Community: Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, Wedgewood provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
Wedgewood occupies 50,000 square feet in a state of the art headquarters in Redondo Beach, California and was named Company of the Year by the city in 2015. We also have multiple locations around the country. Wedgewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We look forward to hearing from you!
Company: Civic Financial Services