The Lifetime Healthcare Companies aims to attract the best talent from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and experiential backgrounds, to diversify our workforce and best reflect the communities we serve.
Our mission is to foster an environment where diversity and inclusion are explicitly recognized as fundamental parts of our organizational culture. We believe that diversity of thought and background drives innovation which enables us to provide leading-edge healthcare insurance and services. With that mission in mind, we recruit the best candidates from all communities, to diversify and strengthen our workforce.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
Employees are united by our Lifetime Way Values & Behaviors that include compassion, pride, excellence, innovation and having fun! We aim to be an employer of choice by valuing workforce diversity, innovative thinking, employee development, and by offering competitive compensation and benefits.
The Wellness Specialist is responsible for developing, planning, marketing, executing and evaluating wellness programs for the employees of The Lifetime Healthcare Companies consistent with its mission and goals. The incumbent is responsible for interfacing with vendors, managers and employees. The Wellness Specialist will oversee regional wellness committees and their implementation of initiatives that have the potential to improve employee wellbeing and produce cost savings to the company’s health care benefits.
- Researches and recommends programming based on worksite wellness best practices.
- Develops, coordinates, promotes, implements, and evaluates wellness initiatives.
- Develops and coordinates wellness communications across the organization, including writing articles for company newsletters and blog concerning wellness topics.
- Manages the promotion of health management programs and resources on a regular basis to employees. Tracks promotion activities and reports to manager.
- Leads and provides oversight of and direction to each regional employee wellness committee and its activities ensuring integration into corporate level activities. This includes driving programs that meet employee needs and program goals; integrating regional goals into corporate goals; designing an annual events calendar with input from each committee; tracking and reporting activity to manager. Establishes committees in regions where lacking.
- Independently builds and delivers presentations to employees in various formats and forums (lunch and learn, webinars, departmental meetings) across the organization.
- Creates and conducts program evaluations on participation and satisfaction. Tracks and reports results to manager.
- Oversees the promotion of environmental opportunities and policies, such as healthy food options in cafeterias and exercise classes at the fitness centers, collaborating with Facilities.
- Serves as an active member of the Wellness Steering Committee, including establishing goals and evaluating outcomes of program.
- Coordinates all aspects of mid-year and on-site health screenings for all regions across the organization. Responsibilities include establishing an onsite screening schedule, coordinating events with site contacts and vendor, developing and designing informational documents, promoting events, working with vendor on addressing and resolving issues. Monitoring and reporting participation levels and issues to manager.
- Coordinates and represents Corporate Wellness/Human Resources at internal benefit fairs, organizational health fairs, and external health fairs. This includes design of information and materials for distribution and attendance at events.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills in corporate wellness research through review of professional literature, participation in conferences and continuing education opportunities.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values, adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct and leading to the Lifetime Way values and beliefs.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Level II (In addition to Level I)
- Collaborates with Manager, Corporate Employee Wellbeing to analyze health data, employee population characteristics, and needs/interests of employees to guide program development and measurement.
- Serves as consultant and resource for all departments across regions inquiring about wellness programs, providing recommendations, direction and programming as appropriate.
- Collaborates on projects, in conjunction with manager, with other internal departments, i.e.:
o Human Resources Center of Excellence, i.e. Culture, Business Partners, and specifically Employee Case Management.
o Behavioral Health
o Employee Resource Groups
o Corporate Communications
- Keeps content up to date on Employee Wellness Program Fingertips page.
- Assists manager in assessing new external programs and vendors.
- Leads Wellness Steering Committee meetings relating to specialist’s work.
- Bachelor’s degree in worksite health promotion, health education, public health or a health related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience administering a wellness program in a large company or facility.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong research and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels and in all areas of the organization and its subsidiaries.
- Experience and ability in program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Expertise in worksite wellness best practices.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and program management skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team.
Level II (In addition to the minimum qualifications stated above)
- Seven or more years of experience administering a wellness program in a large company.
- Certification as a Worksite Wellness Specialist, or other related / relevant credentialing desired.
Ability and willingness to independently travel to all site and regions of the organization.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer