Herman & Kittle Properties—Regional Manager | Tax Credit Experience A Must
Traveling position to Northern Illinois and Wisconsin
This position will be responsible and accountable for leading and managing multi-site LIHTC and Market Rate apartment property personnel and regional portfolio performance to achieve objectives.
- Direct property operations to achieve strategic and budget objectives.
- Lead, direct and manage property personnel with recruiting, hiring, training and performance management.
- Ensures accuracy of reporting through property management software.
- Ensures adherence with company policies and procedures and ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Complete property financial analysis of operating results and report results to Senior Management monthly.
- Create annual budgets for assigned region.
- Oversee any/all compliance requirements for assigned region from affordable funding sources.
- Conduct a minimum of two site visits for each property each month.
- Collaborate with development, construction and accounting as needed.
- Work directly with construction and on-site personnel to insure a smooth transition from construction to management for lease up of new properties.
- Work with other departments to ensure smooth transitions for acquisitions.
- Develop and execute marketing plans for all properties.
- Manage and or approve all property expenditures and invoices and ensures adherence to company capital expenditure policy.
- Monitor adherence to the accounts receivable policy monthly
- Direct and supervise Team Leaders to maximize portfolio performance.
- Provide relief management to on-site offices as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS • 5 - 10 years of experience in Property Management with recent experience in a Regional Property Manager or Director role. • Must have strong experience with tax credit compliance (LIHTC) communities as well. • Strong asset/portfolio management and operational experience. • Exceptional leadership, management and coaching capabilities. • Extensive knowledge of the Affordable Housing Program. • Knowledge of YARDI software. • Prior management experience with ability to demonstrate sound financial management functions. • Must understand customers’ needs and respond to them, connecting them with the right solution; must be able to market and sell. • Language Skills – Ability to read, write, interpret and analyze business publications, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to write and interpret reports, correspondence and manuals. Ability to effectively present to groups of people including employees, vendors and the general public. • Math Skills – Ability to calculate discounts, interest, bonuses, proration, percentages, and to apply concepts of algebra and geometry. • Reasoning Skills – Ability to solve problems and work with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only general guidelines exist. Ability to interpret instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. • Computer Skills – Intermediate experience with MS Office. 4 Year College Degree Required.