We are a food distribution company in Cleveland, Ohio and are in search for first shift route delivery driver. We have full time positions available with medical benefits available after 90 days of employment and 401k after 1 year of employment. Responsibilities and qualifications are listed below. Please No Phone Calls.
Delivery Driver responsibilities:
- Conduct inspections of vehicle before departing to deliver goods.
- Pack and load products onto trucks according to company 's specifications. Deliver orders to customers on assigned routes.
- Maintain route log per ODOT specifications.
- Maintain ongoing communication with route dispatcher. Unload goods as per client specifications.
- Review deliveries with customers to ensure products meet their needs. Obtain delivery confirmations from each customer.
- Record payments received on invoices.
- Be alert to COD terms and customers’ that require payment on delivery.
- Keep truck clean; clean out cab and back of truck at end of day. Fill gas tank at end of delivery run.
- Call Accounts Receivables with any COD payment issues.
- Put returned product and completed paperwork in the proper place.
- Take all payments to Accounts Receivable office.
- Must be an ODOT qualified driver with a clean driving record
- Minimum 1 years experience as Delivery Driver
- Ability to pass company driving test, background check and drug test
- Strong customer service skills
- Must possess a positive and professional attitude
- Be able to lift 50 lbs. packages
- Able to use hand dollies with 250 lbs. load up and down flights of stairs.
Job Type: Full-time