Title: Level 1 Support Engineer (up to 25 hours per week)
** THIS POSITION IS REMOTE AND ON-SITE**
**TRAVEL TIME AND MILEAGE REIMBURSED RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION REQUIRED**
Reports To: The Level 1 Support Engineer will report to the CEO of the firm Nickel Idealtek Inc. The company provides I.T. services to small and medium-sized businesses in the state of Texas.
Job Overview: We’re looking for an energetic, problem-solving Level 1 support engineer to provide effective technical assistance to our clients promptly. The position is responsible for installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting hardware and software systems. To succeed in this role, the candidate should have a problem-solving attitude and the ability to give clear technical instructions. The candidate should also be familiar with remote troubleshooting techniques.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Handling of customer technical issues from initial report to right through to resolution.
- Accurate classify reported issues with the internal Atera ticketing system.
- Route/escalate reported issues to L2/L3 teams and management where appropriate.
- Communicate with customers regularly regarding the status of their technical issues (email, I.M., call).
- Meet SLAs set for response and resolution times along with customer satisfaction.
- SLA for ticket assignment: 60 minutes.
- Document solutions for knowledge base and identify new areas for automation.
- Technical Certification or relevant technical experience
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in L1 technical customer support roles.
- Permanent resident of the United States.
- Willing to work in a 24x7 environment and provide weekend coverage, if needed.
- Excellent ability to learn and articulate software-related and technical concepts
- Strong active listening skills and excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Proficiency with Atera or equivalent PSA or RMM.
- Must be self-motivated, persistent, and able to work independently.
- Ability to work on multiple issues simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and desktop applications
- Experience with installing, configuring, and administering a broad range of technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- VoIP administration
- Ability to occasionally and safely lift 50lbs to shoulder level.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $24.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Vaccines are required for all personnel entering client locations including but not limited to COVID, FLU, and TDAP.
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Technical support: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: On the road