The Optician delivers the brand value proposition – Set the standard of quality in eye care and eyewear by ensuring every patient and customer has the best experience in every LensCrafters every time. Helps establish LensCrafters as the premier destination for all vision needs within the community. Creates exceptional value in the lives of customers by delivering legendary customer service & perfectly crafted high quality eyewear which exceeds our customers’ expectations. Ensures customers are always happy and satisfied with their experience.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets all customers with a warm welcome. Shows urgency in providing service to customers & satisfying their needs; attracts new customers.
- Explores the needs & priorities of customers & links to store offerings, including eye exam.
- Is attentive to details, asks follow up questions for clarity, and consults with Optician as needed.
- Performs work accurately & thoroughly. Offers perfect product solutions. Demonstrates superior product knowledge; accurately describes the features & benefits of all products using the appropriate tools.
- Assists customers in selecting products. Suggests improvements & recommends solutions. Shows patience & courtesy to indecisive or hard-to-please customers.
- Anticipates problems; explores underlying reasons for issues; strives to develop long-term solutions & ensures customers are satisfied.
- Possesses the ability to multi-task & demonstrates the ability to prioritize & manage time with competing priorities.
- Custom fits glasses & precisely places prescription in lenses.
- Commits to delivery date and time, sets expectations for pick up, seeks feedback about experience and asks for referrals. Genuinely expresses gratitude and thanks the customer.
- Strives to achieve exceptional results on goals & competencies.
- Accurately operates associate tablet & terminal, collects proper payment & retains proper change/paperwork for all transactions.
- Presents, celebrates & educates at customer pick-up.
- Takes pride in the appearance of store & shows initiative to keep displays & inventory clean, attractive & organized. Secures all company assets under one’s control.
- Informs management of potential safety opportunities.
- Actively participates & contributes to store meetings and morning team huddles.
- Possesses a can-do spirit & strong drive for results; self-motivated with a desire for continual learning & improvement.
- Adheres to attendance & daily time keeping requirements.
- Adheres to all company policies & procedures.
- Sells on your feet 80%-100% of the time.
- Consistently maintains proper dress code, including name tag & associate tablet.
- Other duties may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong basic math skills
- Effective selling skills
- Familiarity with point of sale system, computers & calculators
- Embrace new technology & change
- Knowledge of current store merchandise
- Customer service & retail experience'
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Up to $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Algonquin, IL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person