International Cars Ltd., Inc. has a new and exciting, part-time opportunity for a Human Resources/Organizational Behavior college major or an individual looking to pursue a new career in HR. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in projects and assignments that will support different areas of HR to include: Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Compensation, Benefits, etc.
In this role you will work closely with the HR team, participating in on-the-job training opportunities to learn about the auto industry, enhance your skills, and fine-tune your business acumen, as well as gain an understanding of high-level HR department goals and align proposed solutions with those goals.
- Assist with new hire orientation, documentation and creation of files and entering of data into HRIS
- Maintain I-9 documents and files
- Prepares and processes employee separation notices and related documentation
- Perform employment and income verifications
- Assist with the gathering of information for unemployment claims
- Assisting the department in maintaining statutory compliance.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of personal work area;
- Abides by group policies and procedures of the Employee Handbook;
- Communicates and coordinates regularly with appropriate others to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental operations and activities;
- Complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect department operations;
- Provides needed information and demonstrations concerning how to perform certain work tasks to employees;
- Keeps immediate supervisor and designated others fully and accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work problems, and suggestions for new or improved ways of addressing these problems;
- Attends meetings, workshops and training sessions and reviews publications and related materials to become and remain current on the principles, practices and new developments in assigned work areas;
- Brings integrity, ingenuity, enthusiasm and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks;
- Performs other directly related duties consistent with the role and function of the specification.
To be successful in this role, candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate working towards a bachelor's degree with a major in Human Resources, Organizational Behavior, Business Management, Communications or related discipline.
- 0-2 years of professional experience with strong MS Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Possess strong communication, analytical, organization, customer service and project management skills.
- Must have permanent work authorization in the United States
This opportunity requires a 20 hour/week commitment, however allows for a consistent, yet flexible, weekly schedule.
Retirement plan, 401k match
Paid time off
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule