II. Position Summary
The Vice President of Information Technology's role is to provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives. The VP Information Technology directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and business development. This individual is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s information technology and systems.
III. Essential Functions
Strategy & Planning
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of the business organization.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Create information security strategies, both short-term and long-range in support of organizational goals.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
- Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT organization.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
- Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
- Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and compliance regulations.
- Establish lines of control for current and proposed information systems.
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organizations.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all IT staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Oversees all ongoing activities related to information security ensuring effective controls are in place based on information security risk and compliance (PCI-DSS).
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or business administration. Master’s degree in one these fields preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- 10 years experience managing and/or directing an IT operation.
- 10 years experience working in the CPG, beverage and or hospitality industries industry.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems, including JD Edwards, Talend, Office 365 and Power BI.
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
V. Sustainability Values Statement
Supports economic sustainability thru key decisions that promote the long term health of the
organization. Supports environmental sustainability thru long term production planning
that takes care of the land and water resources. Supports social responsibility thru
ongoing commitments to the community and employee population.