Moog’s Aircraft Group has been offering Superior Engineering and Advanced Technologies to the global Aircraft Market for over six decades. Bill Moog’s invention improved the technology for Fly-by-Wire flight controls used in today’s modern aircraft.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, for Aircraft Test Equipment, you’ll be a primary motivator and contributor to the analysis, conceptual design, development, and testing of complex equipment used to test military and commercial aircraft components. Most new applications require a special, tailored design, even though adaptation of existing designs always should be considered where appropriate.
Here’s what to expect on a day to day basis:
- Work with internal and external customers to develop and refine system requirements
- Conceptualize, model and design computer controlled mechanical/hydraulic test rigs
- Develop system models of the test equipment and actuators using MATLAB, Simulink, and AMESIM, and integrate them on computerized test consoles
- Define automated testing scripts for electro/hydro/mechanical actuators and controllers using MATLAB and/or Python
- Operate either independently or as part of a design/development team, which includes other Department engineers
- Be concerned with system or component integration and performance, both being achieved within budget and prescribed schedules
- Develop architecture documents and system integration and testing plans and procedures
At a minimum you'll need to meet these qualifications:
- BS or MS Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Systems Engineering; advance degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience with design, modelling, analysis, and development of complex electro-hydraulic, electro-mechanical, or electro-pneumatic servo-mechanisms for mechanical and hydraulic test rigs
- A proven record of successful development programs working as a part of a project team
- Experience in the areas of requirements definition, integration, V&V, modeling & simulation with project management
- Experience in off-the-shelf real-time systems such as dSPACE and National Instruments is a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Due to certain military programs, US citizenship is required.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time
- Design/Development Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)