The Humane Educational Society is a 501(c)3 non-profit animal shelter. Our mission at HES is to provide a safe haven for homeless, abused and neglected animals in our community and advocate on their behalf.
The primary function of this position is to provide a clean, safe, humane and comfortable stay for animals in the shelter.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Cleans and disinfects assigned dog kennels and cat cages
- Handles various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc.
- Receives, handles and kennels animals of different species appropriately, these animals may be aggressive, sick or injured
- Visually inspects animals for overall health or behavior problems and reports issues immediately
- Assists the public with pet adoption and lost pets
- Feeds and waters animals according to procedures
- Bathes and grooms animals when asked to do so
- Periodically spot cleans assigned kennels/cat cages
- Medicates animals according to procedures when instructed
- Provides accurate information in a clear, friendly and concise manner to the public
- Maintains a professional and courteous attitude
Must be available mornings, weekends.
PLEASE SUBMIT A BRIEF COVER LETTER AND RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 - $11.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
Masks required indoors, limited public visits inside the shelter
- professional animal care: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Chattanooga, TN (Required)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Company's Facebook page: