The University of Utah is launching a Mobile Health Program aimed at reducing diabetes and other chronic diseases in the state of Utah. Our vision is to create healthier communities by partnering with community organizations to provide culturally appropriate health and wellness counseling, education, and screening services directly to those who might otherwise lack access to preventive care.
The University of Utah Health Sciences’ Office of Wellness and Integrative Health seeks a PRN – As Needed recreational vehicle (RV) driver to help cover operational hours. This is an opportunity to contribute to the wellness of local communities.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Kearns, Glendale, South Salt Lake, Midvale, and other areas in the Salt Lake Valley as needed.
This is a PRN, as needed back-up driver position. No set hours.
This position is considered Category I:
Mandatory and required on campus or health care facilities to support on-site operations. Employees hired into this category will be required to be physically located at the job site if they are healthy and without COVID-19 symptoms.
- Must be able to safely operate and drive a 40-foot recreational vehicle (RV) to various designated sites.
- Ability to set-up, operate, load and unload RV equipment (leveling jacks, generator, HVAC unit, shore power, water tanks) and prepare RV for use at designated sites (training provided).
- Inspect equipment daily for damage, equipment failures, and safety items to ensure the safe use of the equipment while performing assigned duties.
- Fill out, in writing, the Daily Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR).
- Ability to follow shut down procedures,
- Driver needs to be safe, courteous, and professional.
- Serves as professional representative of the Office of Wellness and Integrative Health Department.
- Perform clean-up services, dispose of gray/black water and empty garbage.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent. A valid Utah Commercial Driver’s License class A or B. Six months experience driving a commercial vehicle (RV, bus, ambulance, fire truck, or other large vehicle). Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card. Proof of insurability. A safe driver with a valid driver’s license and no more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years. No convictions for driving under the influence of alcohol or any drugs within the past 10 years.
Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. During employment, must submit to random drug & alcohol testing. The ability to move heavy objects (up to 100 lbs.) may be required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- One or more years driving a commercial vehicle of similar size.
- EMT, paramedic experience
- CPR trained.
- Comfort or experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
Special Instructions Summary