Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning's businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
Scope of Position:
- The Intern will work as part of the IT Supply Chain Service Line for Corning Optical Communications (OC).
- Learn about the OC SAP enhancement process and suggest process improvements.
- Participate in the annual budget process for IT work.
- Get involved and support IT supply chain project work.
Education and Experience:
- Intern will be involved in projects to extend the usage and add capabilities to OC Supply chain systems.
- Facilitate project meetings
- Act as Interface between IT Business Engagement, business stakeholders, and Corning IT.
- Monitor Supply Chain Service Costs
- Learn Corning IT processes and suggest process improvements
- Smart Interviews and Interaction with other areas within IT
- Enrolled in Information Technology or a Supply Chain related program
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, etc.
- A rising senior or rising MBA final year
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Extra-Curricular activates and previous Internships a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively present information
- Problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to build relationships and interact with all levels of the organization
- Flexibility - Able to change and adjust smoothly as the situation demands
Hours of Work:
- Knowledge of general IT industry and Process knowledge
- Programming training or experience
- Self-starter and takes ownership for deliverables and deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Technical curiosity and interest in technology
- Basic work hours are 40hrs/week; 8am-5pm
- Open to possible 1 or 2 weeks travel during the internship
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: