Develop and direct delivery of technical training pertaining to new or existing technology and product advancements of Scientific Games’ portfolio. Act as a technical resource to Field Service for product-related questions and issues within the Gaming Division. The Training Specialist shall remain up-to-date on technical training trends and standards, including but not limited to interactive and multimedia delivery techniques or solutions. Training deliveries include, but are not limited to customer and employee use of Scientific Games software and hardware, selected vendor computers and operating systems, and training programs as described by the technical training department.
.Essential Job Functions:
• Evaluate and recommend Field Service technical skills development solutions and training systems.
• Maintains and updates existing training material, which include, but is not limited to, course content, visual aids, multimedia CBT, user manuals, and PowerPoint presentations.
• Develop technical training materials to support internal and external customer needs.
• Responsible for reading training and user guide documentation on Scientific Games Products and other interfaces supported by the Training Department to familiarize self with products.
• Act as a liaison and represent the technical training team in new product reviews, builds, and approvals.
• Prepares training agendas, binders, sign in sheets, evaluations and all other related administrative items for training classes.
• Ability to actively teach and support all training modules within the Scientific Games product lines via the above mentioned delivery techniques; with minimal supervision.
• Remains informed of new Scientific Games products and services.
• Ability to provide guidance to Training Specialist
Training and/or Experience
• Minimum of three years of dedicated training, teaching, or related experience.
• Casino operations and gaming experience a plus.
• Must have at least two years of dedicated technical (mechanical or electromechanical) experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communication, Accounting, Computer Science, Education, or related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities :
• Basic HTML, SharePoint, and CBT multimedia working knowledge.
• Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint and Excel at an intermediate level of proficiency.
• Experience supporting interactive material/media (audio, video, simulations, and web-based modules).
• Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio/video scripts.
• Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one LMS.
• Must have strong customer service skills.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and eligible for both a passport and gaming license (per jurisdiction).
• Must have the ability to perform under stress and adapt to change.
• Must have strong verbal and written skills, as well as public speaking and presentation skills.
• Must have ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
• Familiarity with best adult learning practices.
Physical Requirements :
• Must be able to lift/carry up to 75 lbs.
• Must be able to sit, stand, crouch, bend, reach, kneel, lie prone, hold, push, pull and lower as necessary.
• Able to work in a professional, office setting when not in classroom training.
• Must be able and willing to travel on short notice.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Travel from 60% to 90%.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.