WilliamsRDM, Inc., is a woman-owned, privately held small business known for its innovative product development and short-run, high-complexity precision manufacturing. Located in Fort Worth, Texas, the company develops and manufactures more than 200 unique products – all designed in house for the aerospace, defense, and energy sectors. Among the many leading companies in these industries, WilliamsRDM has worked with Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Halliburton, and Northrop Grumman. Many of the USA’s most respected military aircraft – the A-10, F-16, F-18, F-22, F-35, and V-22 – use WilliamsRDM test equipment, cabling, and connector to keep them flying. The company is also proud to manufacture a simple, affordable line of residential fire suppression products – StoveTop FireStop – that protects more than a million American families each day.
WilliamsRDM is looking for a Maintenance Technician to perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled troubleshooting, maintenance, modification, and repair work in assigned maintenance and facilities areas such as: Electrical work, controls, plumbing, and HVAC work. Responsible for setting up, checking, and correcting operational and experimental electrical machinery, circuitry, and equipment. Inspects diagnoses, maintains, or repairs all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery. Installation and maintenance of building wiring including single phase and 3-phase power systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience in repair, installation, replacement and maintenance of mechanical devices
- Able to read and analyze diagrams, machine documentation and electrical schematics
- Have a thorough working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of metals, bearings, gears, pumps, solenoids, lighting, sensors
- Working knowledge of hand, power, metal-working tools, electrical testing equipment and machine shop equipment
- Ability to trouble-shoot both electrical and mechanical systems
- Install and maintain piping, fluid systems, etc.
- Execute predictive and preventative maintenance practices for all production equipment
- Work directly with production associates and management to problem-solve and correct production issues
- Knowledge of three phase electrical systems
- Possess electrical systems knowledge. Ability to size conduits, wiring, thermal overloads, and starters. Able to check voltage, amperage, and continuity with a multi-meter
- Understand all plant and department safety and operational rules
- Must be self-motivated and take initiative
- Requires strong electrical and troubleshooting skills.
- Inspect, diagnose, maintain, or repair machinery, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, fans, variable speed drives, pneumatic and hydraulic machine operations, etc.
- Willing to fulfill a wide range of duties outside of machinery maintenance including occasional janitorial, general labor, sheetrock repair, carpentry & framing along with a variety of miscellaneous facilities repair.
- Must be able to pass electrical skills test in order to be considered.
Education and Training
- High school diploma/GED
- Technical school degree/certification with appropriate mechanical or associated skills a plus
Skills and Expertise
- Minimum 2-5 year related maintenance experience
- PLC experience or aptitude and willingness to learn preferred
- Electrical Certification preferred
- Moderate computer skills required
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record
- Performance Based Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Christmas shut down
Prospective employees must be US citizens or lawful permanent residents due to type of work performed.
Must be able to pass background check for possible security clearance.
WilliamsRDM is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, E-Verify participant.
Job Type: Full-time
- controls: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)