The school office manager works in the office of the school, usually under the guidance of the principal. They are responsible for a majority of the clerical work in the school, including handling sensitive documents such as student records. They act as a liaison between the students, parents and principal. The school Office Manager is responsible for making appointments and managing the principal's schedule. They also greet those who walk into the school office, answer phone calls, take messages and sort mail. School office manager is also responsible for typing and sending out school documents. They are the person who registers and releases students to school and maintains attendance records.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1) Knowledge of contemporary office practices and procedures, preferably in a public employment environment or K-12 public school district.
3) Student information systems such as SIS, Power School; contacting substitute teachers.
4) Exercise independent initiative and sound judgment.
5) Record keeping, filing, electronic document filing and retrieval.
6) Operate a computer and a variety of contemporary office equipment.
7) Develop and maintain productive working relationships with school site staff, parents or guardians.
Telephone and e-mail etiquette:
1) Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and business vocabulary.
2) Process a high-volume of work with accuracy.
3) Add, subtract, multiple and divide quickly and accurately.
4) Understand and follow verbal and written directions.
5) Meet schedules and timelines.
6) Work collaboratively with others; work with discretion and confidentiality.
Education, Training and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school and two (2) years college-level course work in Business or related field, and three (3) years of increasingly responsible administrative experience in an office environment, preferably in the public school system, exercise in independent judgment, or any combination of training and experience that could likely provide the desired knowledge and abilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year