This position will be located in Columbus, Ohio
BRUNER CORPORATION is Central Ohio’s largest mechanical contractor providing innovative solutions for construction, HVAC service, and energy conservation. For over 50 years, we have been a leader in the industry, and have continually strived to provide high quality and value added services to our clients.
Our team of over 300 associates features the best of the best in HVAC and mechanical solutions. Bruner fosters a Servant Leadership culture that encourages each and every team member to grow to their highest level of abilities. As a member of our impressive team, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a pleasant, supportive work environment.
Bruner Corporation is presently searching for an experienced Project Executive with high aspirations and a desire to make a difference in the construction industry in a very high profile position. Someone who can lead change, proactively control project risks and completely impress our valued customers. Candidates should have a background managing multi-million dollar commercial mechanical projects. Must be in the top tier within the industry and have a strong reputation for quality, reducing and controlling costs, and coaching others toward career success. Must be willing to relocate to Columbus, OH.
Do you want to:
- Further develop your Lean construction management skills
- Lead change
- Proactively control project risks
- Impress customers
- Have a strong reputation for quality, reducing and controlling costs, and coaching others toward career success?
Bruner Corporation offers a highly competitive salary and attractive benefits. Don’t miss the opportunity to work for the largest mechanical contractor in central Ohio.
Primary Job Duties:
The Project Executive leads and manages the project team, with the authority and responsibility to run the project on a day-to-day basis. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Education Qualifications:
- Foster customer relationships and work collaboratively with all internal and external groups to effectively and efficiently meet clients’ needs.
- Conduct timely and complete turnover meetings to transfer information from those who estimated the project to those executing projects
- Direct the pre-construction planning process, accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects, develop schedules, anticipates and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and collaborate with project foremen to proactively resolve construction problems
- Sets objectives and goals with specific measures
- Effectively details plan to procure and coordinate materials, equipment, tradesmen, and subcontractors to maximizes project profitability
- Establish costs for labor equipment, materials, subcontractors and other direct job costs
- Proactively monitors costs and reacts to variations quickly; monitors labor reporting system to effectively control productivity; ensures financial success of project
- Ensure timely billings
- Manage project risks, including the development of contingency plans
- Recommend methods and/or improvements based on project needs and resource capabilities.
- Ensure job site employees maintain a safe work environment by conducting safety audits.
- Challenge and empower project engineers with developmental experiences and to make decisions; construct compelling development plans to advance their careers; inspires others set and achieve challenging goals; maintains a deep talent bench.
Personal and Organizational Skills Include:
- Generally has at least 10 years of related project management experience including project budgeting, proposal review, design/value engineering, and project accounting.
- Excellent knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and process piping, hydronics, refrigeration codes, equipment, materials, and installation process in pre-construction, new construction, design/build, value engineering and other services are offered by Bruner
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- Prefer PE license
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply OSHA safety standards.
- A solid resume with a history of long tenures and a steady employment history
- Ability to effectively organize and handle multiple complex projects under pressure at one time
- Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and make accurate decisions
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect; dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Sought out by others for advice and solutions; makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment
- Skillful negotiator in tough situations with both internal and external groups
- Bottom-line oriented
- Proactively identifies problems; can see underlying or hidden problems and patterns
- Imposes rigorous standards of excellence upon thinking; formulates clear and precise questions regarding a problem; assesses assumptions, test conclusions against relevant criteria and standards
- Uses time effectively and efficiently; sets priorities
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access Database)
For immediate consideration apply below or call Jeff Hill at 614.334.3342 for immediate consideration.
Bruner Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V