Newbox Solutions’ Warehouse Assistants support our clients through the consistent coordination of materials, equipment, and supplies for projects. The Warehouse Assistant works with the Materials Coordinator and Director of Client Services to order and procure the materials needed to complete projects.
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and verifies accuracy of incoming shipments.
- Sorts and places materials on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Marks materials with identifying information
- Pulls and distributes materials, tools, or other stock items in order to fill job requests.
- Prepares merchandise for shipment and/or deliver, as required.
- Maintains accurate inventory records through the use of a computerized inventory system.
- Completes requisition forms to order additional equipment and supplies.
- Utilizes material handling equipment such as forklifts, etc.
- Communicate and confirm any order changes with Director of Client Services
- Maintain accurate inventory count, perform ‘end of day’ inventory count and submit reports to management.
- Oversee truck loading operations to ensure all polices and procedures are followed accordingly.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Highly organized
- Great ability to communicate effectively
- Agility to bend to floor-level shelves and reach to upper shelves (eight feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary
- Stamina to stand and walk for entire work shift
- Clear speaking and attentive listening skills
- Motivated to learn and ability to train others
- Flexibility in schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /hour