About Gulf Cable
Gulf Cable has set up a state-of-art, brand new 250,000 square feet manufacturing facility. Our factory has modern equipment and state-of-art processes. The parent company WTEC is growing rapidly and will have more opportunities for individuals who are above average in performance.
Position: Sourcing and Procurement Specialist
Position type: Full-Time*
Position location: Milton, FL*
Essential job responsibilities
- Source new components that are compliant to customer specifications and drawings, and to be used in company’s OEM serial production product build.
- Identify new suppliers of existing products to obtain cost reductions and when necessary an additional approved source of supply.
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers to establish a new commercial relationship or achieve cost reduction goals.
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain best TCO (Total Cost of Ownership).
- Coordinate with VP of OEM to obtain goals, objectives and metrics to meet the strategic long term and short term goals of the organization.
- Work closely with inside sales, quality, engineering and production teams so transfer of information is completed accurately so all aspects of the supply chain can be executed within lead-time to ensure a defect free product is shipped and delivered to the customer per their delivery requirements.
- Orders serial production direct materials and supplies using company ordering system.
- Issue, maintain and file/archive all Supplier RFQ’s, Quotations and Purchase Order records as identified by the company QMS system.
- Coordinates changes to purchase order quantities or delivery dates, as required per production plan, and ensures timely updating, accuracy, and integrity of sourcing and purchasing records and data.
- When necessary or directed too, updates suppliers on changes to specifications and arranges for effective transitions.
- Address with suppliers receiving, invoicing, and documentation issues within a timely manner, and drives the corrective action to resolution.
- Coordinate with the quality department to ensure suppliers are meeting the quality goals set in place by WTEC, and when necessary works with the supplier on continuous improvement activities, NCR resolution through the use of 8D root cause analysis tools.
- Initiates effective problem solving capabilities in challenging and demanding situations, and ability to focus on ever shifting priorities.
- When necessary participate as part of a cross functional team to address the completion of internal 8D Root Cause Analysis work document and ensure corrective actions are documented throughout the document trail and corrective actions are implemented.
- When necessary participate on 6S cross functional teams to assist in the organizations standardization and continuous improvement process program.
- When necessary participate on a cross functional team in the development or revision of the following documentation, MPP, PFMEA, Control Plans, Work Instructions, Inspection Instructions, LPA audit check lists, and other related QMS documentation.
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business or a related field required
- Minimum of three years of directly related sourcing/procurement required.
- Previous manufacturing experience is highly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills .
- Ability to perform tasks involving moderately heavy objects (20-50 pounds)
- Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, pushing and pulling of boxes, as well as frequent movement (walking) throughout the warehouse
- Access information on the computer.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Plan, Company paid Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan, and Education/Certification assistance.
Wind Turbine & Energy Cables is an equal opportunity. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Purchasing: 3 years (Preferred)