Provides expertise and support in the development and optimization of the electronic health record (EHR) related to quality initiatives and government and reimbursement regulations. Is an integral member of large system initiatives and teams that address quality initiatives and balanced scorecard metrics. Works closely with the executive Project Management Office (PMO) as well as the clinical integration department and other stakeholders to facilitate process improvement that addresses clinical workflow and improved documentation and compliance. Highly involved from inception of project all the way through to rollout; assists with training and education. Acts as subject matter expert in managing assigned projects. Also, works closely with the Business Intelligence team to validate and design the Health Catalyst data warehouse. Supports the office of the CMIO to further other clinical and system priorities and acts as project liaison between IS and operations. Supports Core Measures to ensure PHC is meeting regulatory and governmental requirements for reporting.
1. Decision Making - Able to make independent decisions of a complex nature. Scope at department and customer department level. Able to foster good decision making skills for co-workers.
2. Analysis and Problem Solving - Able to analyze multiple complex situations to create and implement solutions. Scope at department and customer department level.
3. Communication - Able to communicate complex ideas and information using a variety of media. Very good written, verbal, and presentation skills at peer, customer, and leadership level. Able to model and foster good communication skills for co-workers. Communicates Piedmont and PHC IS related information to staff.
4. Teamwork and Customer Service – Able to effectively lead large group efforts involving people from multiple teams. Models and establishes collaborative and service oriented environment while enforcing standards of good service.
5. Fiscal Responsibility - Models fiscally prudent behavior and ensures adherence to budgetary policies. Manages resources within budget parameters, and able to provide input into the budgeting process.
Performance and Technical Competencies
1. Process Adherence - Adheres to all defined organizational processes and ensures others adhere to processes. Seeks out ways to improve processes.
2. Co-Worker Development - Regularly establishes goals with co-workers. Regularly provides feedback, encouragement, or counseling to co-workers to optimize performance. Provides input into career development, and establishes a positive, respectful working environment
3. Group Facilitation - Effectively oversees a dynamic group of co-workers and fosters an environment that clearly defines job roles duties and expectations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
1. Establishes and maintains critical business relationships with Piedmont executive Project Management office, Clinical Integration and quality group, operational stakeholders, physicians and others involved in Quality and compliance initiatives.
2. Ability to manage multiple ongoing initiatives and facilitate coordination between many stakeholders such as Operations, Quality, and IS.
3. Obtains and maintains Epic certification in assigned application module(s).
4. Participates in and relays operational/clinical/application functionality expertise during system wide meetings for quality initiatives.
5. Designs and develops solutions involving complex technical components utilizing any and all components of the Electronic Medical Record software.
6. Designs, develops and maintains clinical alerts in Electronic Medical Record.
7. Designs, develops and maintains reports for core measure, quality, regulatory, and operational management reporting.
8. Consults with Information Systems staff to determine business and functional requirements and identify solutions to resolve those needs.
9. Analyzes, defines and documents system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interfaces with other systems, auditing, reporting requirements and production configuration.
10. Writes and maintains functional and technical specifications.
11. Creates test plans, test data sets and automated testing to ensure all components of the system meet specifications.
12. Analyzes code for problem resolution and performance optimizations.
13. Assists Information Systems support groups in resolving complex issues.
14. Documents and communicates project status with team members, with department representatives; provide formal status reporting on a periodic basis to project management / leadership as requested.
15. Coordinates and facilitates meetings as assigned.
16. Designs and implements future-state clinical workflows by interacting with clinical department representatives to analyze needs and translate these into system design.
17. Improves customer value and building collegial relationships to achieve outcomes.
18. Possess qualities consistent with creativity, innovation, collaboration and critical thinking
19. Following established guidelines for system change control.
20. Maintains system documentation to current standards.
21. Works with customer base to identify potential workflow issues and/or system enhancement needs.
22. Presents and communicates in a professional and effective manner.
23. Provides demonstrations of system functionality as required.
24. Ability to coach, mentor and empower staff as assigned
25. Computer literacy
26. Ability to perform under stressful and changing circumstances and deadlines.
27. Participates in other key project activities and meetings as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: A bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university with major course work in business administration, clinical healthcare, computer technology or science, or a closely related field is required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Three (3) years of progressively responsible professional work experience in Informatics, Application build and support, or a closely related field is required.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: Epic certification in Clinical or Rev Cycle application required.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Registered Nurse with current Georgie licensure, or licensed/registered professional in a clinical healthcare area is preferred. A working knowledge and subject matter expertise in the areas assigned. Project management experience a plus.