LifeSouth Community Blood Centers is currently seeking an individual to join our team as a Technical Manager in Atlanta, GA. This position is responsible for managing production through subordinate coordinators and staff. The selected candidate will also be fully accountable for costs, methods, personnel, quality, inventory and distribution within the Components Laboratory and Hospital Services departments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all Components Laboratory and Hospital Services staff operations comply with LifeSouth’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Communicate with all levels of the organization regarding the processes, issues, risks, etc. within the assigned departments
- Oversee hiring, scheduling and staffing ratios for assigned departments
- Manage and evaluate the performance of department supervisors and leaders and work with them to manage staff and analyze workflow to improve efficiency
- Ensure purchasing, ordering, receiving and inventory functions are controlled for assigned departments
- Work with the District Quality Control Coordinator to ensure monthly QC records and training records are reviewed appropriately and all quarterly reports are completed
- Coordinate and prepare for internal and external audits
- Respond to audit and inspection findings
- Oversee equipment validation, repair, replacement and acquisition for assigned departments
- Act as technical liaison to hospitals within the region
- Represent and promote the company and its mission to the community
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in science related field
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) with experience in transfusion services
- Valid driver's license. Must also meet and maintain LifeSouth driver's eligibility requirements
- Knowledgeable of FDA and AABB standards and other regulatory requirements
- Strong planning and process management skills
- Medical Technologist (MT) license
- Experience as a health services or medical manager or supervisor
This is a full-time position. Starting salary range is $50,000 - $55,000 annually. Background check and drug test required. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco Free.
The position description may not include all the duties and responsibilities of the job. Duties and responsibilities that are not listed, but which the employee may be expected to perform, will fall within the scope of the skills, knowledge and training for the position.
LifeSouth is a Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace. LifeSouth is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor as well as an affirmative action employer and provides equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as LifeSouth desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. LifeSouth complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
If you require any assistance to complete the application process or during the interview due to a disability, please contact the LifeSouth region where you are applying or call 1-888-795-2707 to request an accommodation. If you have questions regarding the information contained in this job posting call 1-888-795-2707 and ask to speak to the Talent & Recruitment Coordinator. Applications may be completed at a LifeSouth facility or mailed to corporate headquarters in lieu of the on-line application process.