We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our National IT Department supports every part of our organization – from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Our team of IT managers, analysts, specialists and service desk technicians drive innovation and lend their expertise to our people across the entire company, building careers that are both challenging and rewarding.
As an IT Specialist, you will serve as an expert for supporting ALDI’s Security and Business Continuity operations. You will be a part of an already established team, conducting information security assessments including penetration testing and vulnerability management, for internal and external solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience working with penetration testing tools (Kali Linux), Splunk, and be familiar with Rapid7 tools. Candidates must be able to use security assessment methodologies and demonstrate superior business acumen, written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate must have a technical aptitude, a strong understanding of systems and networking technologies. Additionally, the ideal candidate must be detailed oriented, experienced in identifying vulnerabilities, exposures, and implement remediation actions accordingly. ALDI is looking for someone who works well in a team setting and brings a positive energy. ALDI encourages employee growth and development, as this is a key component to our working culture. Come grow your career with us.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience:
- Provides first and second level technical support of all security operations.
- Identifies security issues in software, systems and networks, and researches and recommends remediation techniques.
- Answers incoming support requests in a timely manner, following the proper processes and procedures for documenting and resolving issues.
- Provides support to users and engages appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when further expertise is required.
- Troubleshoots IT security related issues and performs root cause analysis.
- Performs risk assessments, penetration testing, and all associated documentation.
- Coordinates and manages audit engagements and the remediation of identified findings.
- Provides cybersecurity risk reviews and support for project initiatives.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related field.
- 2 years of foundational experience working with Kali Linux.
- 2 years of experience with Microsoft Office (advanced skills).
- Experience with a wide variety of systems and networking technologies, including the technical skills to investigate and identify operational risk.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Self-starter and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage one’s time in order to maximize productivity and effectiveness.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent presentation skills as both author and presenter.
- Ability to solve complex problems through research and analysis.
- Excellent organizational and analytic skills.
- Experience working in a project setting, working with the business and partnering with external team members.
- Availability to travel, both domestically and internationally, as needed to support business requirements.
- For further information, review the attached job description.
[Describe the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the ideal candidate]
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of business system environments and processing requirements; understands overall data flow from user specifications considering all input and output, hardware, software, and the operating environment.
- Knowledge of computer software components and their function relative to the overall operation.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to define specifications from user requirements.
- Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
- Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Availability to travel, as needed (up to 15%).
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.