PPT is looking for experienced PT receptionists to join a energetic team dedicated to patient care.
Position in our Hauppauge office - Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays 9-5 .
Salary 13.00 per hour
All candidates must be well versed, but not limited to, the following:
- Welcomes and greets patients and visitors to the facility in a friendly manner; determines the purpose of the visit; has the patient complete the appropriate paperwork, if necessary; informs the Physical Therapist of their arrival
- Provides information to those who call the facility; transfers calls as needed; works with the Site Supervisor to ensure proper desk coverage at all times
- Schedules and cancels appointment as appropriate, ensures follow-up visits are scheduled as appropriate
- Collects co-payments and post all funds in the EMR/Billing system
- Records patient information into the EMR/Billing system
- Prepares flow sheets for the following day’s appointments; review for accuracy and file them as they are completed each day
- Filing, faxing and scanning medical records
- Scan identification and insurance information into the EMR/Billing system
- Verifies over the counter balance at the end of every shift
- When scheduling appointments, carefully screens for patients address, new patient visit, or updated registration information, informs patient of co-pay amount
- Verifies the method of payment for service (Medicare, private insurance, private payer) and collects payment or data as appropriate
- Practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance with Company policies and HIPAA requirements
- Maintains facility waiting area, office files and front desk area in a manner that is neat and organized
- Receives and conveys messages in writing, electronically and verbally
- Attends company and departmental meetings as required
- Reports daily statistics for clinic
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent telephone skills; handling large call volume may be required.
- Must be flexible; able to accommodate the changing needs of the facility.
- Must have basic math skills; must be able to use standard office equipment.
- Must have the ability to travel as required to perform job duties and cover other centers as needed.
- Must be able to effectively use computer programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
- receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical office front desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- microsoft office including excel: 1 year (Preferred)