- Construction Management
- Hospital Experience
- CDL A
The Director of Facilities Construction will work closely with the space and storage allocation committee (SSAC), A&E, BRRH leadership on construction projects from concept, budgets, programing, schematics, design, and construction document, construction CO audit and closeout. He / She will be involved in project budget, development, and AHCA review/approval process. The selected candidate work closely with accounting, architect of record and contractors to complete the audit of finances, construction documents and records required for closeout of each project. As the owner representative, the Director of Facilities Construction is responsible for the oversight of the construction projects, annual construction budgets planning, management, scheduling, execution of BRRH and subsidiaries construction or renovation projects; while keeping leadership informed. The ideal candidate will be responsible to ensure compliance with FBC, AHCA, ICRA, ILSM, and OSHA while coordinating multiple construction or renovation projects simultaneously. The successful candidate will be responsible for keeping projects on schedule, within budget and department or leadership affected informed on the status. He /She will represent BRRH objectives and goals through the performance of his/her job, meeting quality and safety standards as well as meeting customers' expectations. He / She will be expected to assess and respond to customer needs and cultivate customer relationships through proactive interaction with project owners. The selected candidate will be a resource for FBC compliance and best construction mean and methods practices while providing leadership, training and developing employees under his/her leadership. This position must also foster the fundamental BRRH philosophies One Team. One Mission based on the five focus areas: People, Quality, Satisfaction, Growth, and Finance.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Construction Management or related field AND Five years related experience in a construction management position within the healthcare environment.
- Must be familiar with Florida Building Codes & AHCA standards and regulatory requirements.
- CHC, (Certified Hospital Construction) preferred OR FL Class A general contractor's license with five years of hospital experience in a management role along with a proven record of accomplishment in multimillion-dollar hospital construction projects.
POSITION EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- FL Class A General Contractor licenses and (Certified Hospital Construction) preferred.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue print construction documents, Florida Building Codes, NFPA Code, OSHA rules, and regulatory standards, as related to the hospitals, healthcare and business construction trade.
- Demonstrate knowledge of construction means and methods related to the trade.
- Maintain construction project documentation and closeout of each project.
- Inspect construction and renovation projects periodically to see that safety regulations are met and efficient productivity and best practices are maintained.
- Conduct departmental rounding to ensure OSHA, ICRA, ILSM, noise control and best practices are ongoing.
- Oversee and coordinate OAC meetings to keep projects on scheduled and within budget, keeping change orders to a minimum.
- Liaise with facilities/engineering leadership and departments regarding affected planning utilities interruptions, caused by construction or renovation projects.
- Provide leadership training, oversight and evaluation of facilities construction project leader or construct team to ensure project assigned are on scheduled within budget, compliance with regulatory standards while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Expected to control job costs for budgetary purposes and maintain pertinent records/manuals.
- Expected to round on projects and meet with construction leadership team and departments affected to confirm property signage, productivity, ILSM, ICRA, best practices and customer satisfaction is ongoing during each project.
- May be assigned facilities manager or director position role in their absence as well as lead role in space management working with the SSAC.
- Subject to on call and call backs for emergencies. Expected to serve as an ambassador for BRRH as well as execute other duties as assigned.
- Incumbent may be required to perform emergency duty before, during and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency, crisis situation or disaster (man-made or natural) including evacuation sites.
- The person in this position will work in a smoke-free location, and is expected to adhere to all smoking restrictions.
- In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients, Boca Raton Regional Hospital has instituted a mandatory influenza prevention vaccination program. Current employees must receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge during the recognized flu season. As a condition of employment, new hires will be required to comply with all program rules. This is a mandatory program with the exception of documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine. For further information on this progressive program, please contact Boca Raton Regional Hospital's Human Resources Department at 561-955-4075.