The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions listed below with the overall objective of helping to improve the Corporation’s overall business performance, deliver added value to our shareholders, reduce leakage, and promote consistent and cost effective solutions across strategic business units, projects, and locations. This position provides oversight for contract management activities on Fluor projects generally as a lead over several minor or a few major contracts within a Fluor project. This role assures, through assigned contract administrators, compliance with all statutes, regulations, and contract terms and conditions. The position requires the contract manager to report to project, department and company senior leadership on the health of the assigned project(s); participate in developing and approving contracting strategies generally directly reporting through an intermediate senior contract manager. The individual will review and approve contract awards with their delegated authority. The Principal, Contract Manager will provide limited supervisory oversight but will act as a lead for the contract execution of assigned contracts and provide training to contract administrators on Fluor’s and Project practices. • Perform duties and act on own initiative on assigned contracts of increasing complexity and value • Support Contract Management activities on large-scale projects, with a work scope of US$250 million to US$1 billion (or global equivalent); duties may include assisting multiple Contract Administrators and Contract Managers with the preparation and execution of pre-award and post-award activities • Read and understand the Prime Contract • Lead internal Request for Proposal (RFP) and RFP explanation meetings, contract pre-award meetings, final negotiations, and drafting/finalization of contract documents • Analyze commercial sections of proposals and coordination of technical proposal evaluations; develop final proposal evaluations and prepare contract recommendations, and present recommendation to project team and/or client • Other duties as assigned
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and eight (8) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to twelve (12) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
- Must have experience with the FAR, and government contracting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
�� Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements
- Participate in the development of the Project Contracting Plan and contract planning • Prepare, maintain, retrieve, and communicate records, reports, or documents that may be required to meet corporate and Contract Management requirements • Develop and make formal presentations when given the opportunity • Perform Contractor resource survey • Develop contract risk assessment matrix and participate in risk reviews • Participate in project functional audits • Prepare Project Contract Procedures • Develop standard contract templates for a project • Coordinate the timely issue/distribution/response of documents to the contractor • Coordinate/maintain control of Site Instructions • Perform contract management post-award activities through evaluating and status contractors’ productivity, schedule adherence, contract change management, invoicing and claims avoidance • Perform closeout of contracts, finalize outstanding contract issues, issue of final modifications, invoices and coordinate completion of contractor performance evaluations • Interface with all levels of the project team – and be able to represent and interface with all levels of internal and/or external management and corporate organization persons • Be proactive with contractors to ensure contract compliance, generation of progress, schedules, daily and other status reports, invoices and supporting documents in a timely manner • Perform resource survey • Provide required contract input to strategic business unit • Maintain a working knowledge of the Company’s Contract Management Standards, programs and goals by planning and applying Contract Management practices and procedures as established by the Company on a project site or in an office through departmental training, Fluor University® training and the use of Fluor’s knowledge management portals and communities • Stay current/updated with Contract Management practices and procedures; remain informed of current developments and potential changes within the Contract Management group
- Accredited degree or global equivalent in Business, Construction Management, or Law • Eight (8) years of contract management, subcontract administration, and procurement experience supporting engineering and construction projects • Experience developing negotiating contract terms and conditions specifically for contracts related to services, construction, engineering, materials and equipment installation • Strong understanding of contracting principles and legal terms and conditions • Broad understanding of the construction industry and contract language associated engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction/construction management (EPFC/CM) • Experience with administering the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for contractors on heavy industrial construction projects • Experience in managing the Contractor pre-qualification process • Experience in conducting commercial evaluations, including the questions and answers (Q&A) and clarifications process with bidders • Experienced in negotiating commercial terms and the final contract price with bidders • International experience a plus • Contract Management experience in field and home office locations • Lump Sum Turn Key (LSTK) Contract Management experience a plus • Ability to understand technical terminology and developments • Good technical skills and ability to develop/follow procedures • Administrative and organizational skills • Some basic knowledge of contract types and terms • Understand and implement practices and procedures • Excellent communication skills