REPORTS TO VP OF BRAND MARKETING
Traeger Grills, headquartered in Salt Lake City, has been revolutionizing BBQ grilling and outdoor cooking for 30 years. We obsess over providing world-class experiences to not only our customers, but also to our retail partners and vendors. Recently voted as a 2016 & 2017 Best Company to Work For, and a Top 25 Fastest Growing Company by Utah Business Magazine, we’re looking for individuals who are committed to winning. We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture based around teamwork, quality, innovation and constant growth and development. We cook together and we win together!
How you will help the team win:
The Creative Director will oversee the in-house creative team, as well as a team of outsourced resources (photographers, videographers, and writers etc.), to ideate and execute all of Traeger’s marketing communications. This individual is a visionary who will support the business by developing communications that effectively reach and impact consumers. We’re looking for an innovator to bring innovative ideas and solid execution to a brand that’s taking its place as a leader in outdoor cooking.
- Collaborate with the product, sales, and marketing teams to translate marketing strategies into clear messages across all consumer touchpoints including retail, marketing, digital, events, PR, entertainment and corporate communications
- Manage the creative process, from ideation to execution and distribution
- Manage the team of internal and external creatives responsible for development of all consumer touchpoints. This includes photography, video and digital content, retail merchandising, displays and tradeshow materials etc.
- Help dictate, craft, and review high-level written messaging, working closely with in-house copywriter
- Develop toolkit and process to ensure consistent brand communications around the world
- Improve and refine internal processes related to workflow and project management to ensure team is working at peak efficiency
- Make improvements to our current digital asset management system, or vet other DAM options for the team’s use
- Build Traeger’s next great story and sell it; from leading brainstorming, all the way to concept development and execution. Inspire team members through original thought and out-of-the-box solutions as a means of answering the creative brief
- Work closely with brand, digital marketing, retail product marketing, PR, media, events, sales, HR and finance teams to understand business priorities and scope of deliverables needed
- Direct in-house and out-of-house resources to ensure that assets are delivered on time, on budget and at the highest level of quality
- Take full ownership of deliverables and ensure they meet deadlines. Find efficiencies and own prioritization of projects based on the greater needs of the business
- Minimum of 10+ years working in a creative team environment, consumer products company a plus
- 5+ years directly managing a creative team
- Ability to build budgets, forecast appropriately and manage expenses
- Advanced skills with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office suite
- A strong portfolio of work demonstrating creative skills and brand building for a lifestyle consumer products company
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on copywriting and written messaging
- Team player with positive attitude – ability to work cross-functionally
- Management experience – builds and develops high performing teams
- Extensive experience developing various creative assets and owning the process from ideation to execution
- A pioneer in innovation with big ideas in one or several of the following fields; brand & digital marketing, retail product marketing, PR, media, events, and social media
- Relevant experience managing internal and external creative teams, production and vendors
- Proven record in project management and execution across all forms of mass and digital media, video, print, and social media
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sharp attention to detail
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Employee Discounts on all Traeger Products!
- Open-PTO Policy
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Individual professional development programs and initiatives that help you grow and develop professionally
- A positive and supportive team to work with
- Company provided meals throughout the week, Utah Gold Ski and SLC City Golf passes, Discounted Gym Memberships, generous Employee Discount Program, company sponsored Community Service opportunities, and much more!