Katerra is a technology company transforming property development, design, and construction—from start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, and construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design and build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainable–we can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At Katerra, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of Katerra's cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Katerra does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Katerra encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences
Component Design Manager-Wall Panels
Work with team to oversee project of transforming initial rough product designs using BIM (Revit) and turn into working documents using HSBCAD (AutoCAD Architectural) by creating highly detailed models. Produce detailed permitting, construction, and shop plans for component aspects of residential multifamily structures. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, materials, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Direct and lead the work of others. Reports to Director of Component Design. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Frequent travel will be required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct and lead the work of wall panel component design team
- Insure timely delivery and deadline met
- Provides layouts, performs engineering, and takeoff services using ability to understand blueprints and customer requirements for specific projects.
- Co-ordinates with sales, estimating, production, engineering and the architects to achieve customer schedules and cost objectives.
- Resolves architectural and structural design conflicts.
- Ensures project files, engineering seals and records are properly maintained.
- Computes load and grade requirements and material stress factors to determine design specifications based on customer's structural design needs.
- Ensures economical and proper use of materials per current inventory levels and material costs.
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of the capabilities of the factory equipment and produces highly cost effective and production friendly component designs.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience leading a team and virtual collaboration
- Associate's degree in a technical program plus 5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in wall panel design
- 5 + MiTek, Alpine, Strucsoft, AGA CAD, or Vision REZ design software.
- 5+ Years preparing shop, construction, and permitting documents in one of the above software platforms.
- 5+ Years of industry experience
- Detail oriented
- Organized & excellent communication skills
Preferred Skills & Experience
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
- HSBCAD (current program) experience preferred but not required
- Experience successfully building and leading team in start up environment
- Ability to read blueprints and visualize structural details in three dimensions.
- Understands code requirements and loading conditions.
- Understands field requirements and constructability of panelized components.
- Strong command of mathematical concepts of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic and self-motivated, able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.