This position requires an individual who possesses a keen eye for detail with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment. This is a leadership position that will require strong initiative and the necessary drive to be proactive in all phases related to project management. Must be well organized and detailed with an exceptional understanding of customer satisfaction. Knowledge of architectural drawings: elevations for all phases and variety of floor types. Successful results will come from the capability to function in deadline driven environment.
The following are some of the duties and expectations for this position:
- Ability to create and maintain project schedules, monitor day to day activities on project sites, as well as being an active and effective leader to the installers or subcontractors. Must be able to facilitate and coordinate all trades required, through job completion, to meet project schedules. Attend project meetings as requested and required. Keep operations staff continuously updated.
- Use database(s) to review plans and specifications to identify qualifying projects and perform take-offs to submit to General Contractors and owners as bids/proposals for contracts.
- Aggressively manage the sales process to close contracts and help manage projects to completion.
- Support Sales efforts by having the ability to estimate both off of blueprints and in field measurements. Must be able to utilize internal cost sheets and work with in the current operations flow of our business.
- Review post p/o report that is completed by sales, checking for the layout and quantities of materials needed insuring all data is accurate and provides the best opportunity to satisfy the customer requirements, and maximize the profitability. Ability to facilitate the definition of project goals, tasks, and requirements to all involved. Create, approves, and disapproves material change orders utilizing proper documentation.
- Identify and analyze prospective customers. Call on General Contractors and owners to build lasting relationships for profitable, Win/Win contracts.
- Schedule jobs and all functions of the job, i.e. (rip-ups, debris removal (as needed), product deliveries with Labor Manager in advance. Schedule dumpsters and coordinate with facility and company dumpster location. Keep all involved updated, sales and operational staff, of any and all changes related to the efficiency of the job being completed on time. Track and expedite, through purchasing, all items on order and required for job to meet required install date.
- Quality Control: have kickoff meetings at the start of each job: review plan, worksheet, layouts and any special request required to insure customer satisfaction. In event of abatements, liaison with abatement company. Evaluate and maintain job quality and inspect and reinforce the quality standards associated with our company standards. Frequently visit sites accordingly based on size and scope to inspect the quality and accuracy of work being performed. React to potentially challenging items or errors in real time to minimize large punch list items at job completion.
- Inspect all items being delivered to a job site prior to delivery or be present at job site in the event of a drop shipment. Inspect at job completion to insure all debris and waste is removed and customer is satisfied, debris and waste removal is required each day. This should be scheduled through the Labor Manager in advanced as part of successfully planning and managing the job.
- Ability to physically be hands on if required to take deliveries and maintain site conditions. Implement and maintain a safety program conforming to OSHA requirements.
- Final walk through insuring satisfaction: Construction Manager, Architect, Facility Manager.
- Construction Project Management: 4 years minimum
- Must be self-motivated, professional, goal oriented, and polished
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
- Competent in preparing construction documents reflecting design intent, scope, budget, and schedules.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 4 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off