The Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, including the production of periodic financial reports, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
The position ensures that all general accounting and cost accounting functions are performed in an accurate and timely manner. The Controller will be responsible for managing all financial and accounting policies and procedures, measuring operating performance and initiating improvement programs to identify potential weaknesses in financial and management control systems throughout the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include but are not limited to:
- Oversee monthly accounting close process and timely and accurate reporting of financial statements.
- Ensure US GAAP reporting and accounting.
- Provide monthly financial reporting and variance analysis
- Develop insightful reporting and analysis for business decision support
- Analyze manufacturing cost variances, ensure proper valuation of inventories
- Lead the preparation and creation of the annual operating budget and periodic forecasts
- Analysis and reconciliation of Balance sheet Accounts.
- Develop weekly cash flow forecasts and monitor Working Capital.
- Supervise Credit and collections, Accounts Payable and Payroll activities
- Evaluate financial processes and systems to drive continuous improvements in efficiency, internal controls, and reporting capabilities
- Liaise with external accountants and banks and provide other reporting to banks, customers and suppliers as required.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, knowledge of US GAAP concepts. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive Accounting and Finance experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, General Accounting and Cost Accounting required.
- Ability to work cross functionally with all levels of the organization in a fast paced environment.
- Manufacturing experience required
- Automotive Manufacturing or Textile experience preferred.
- Experience with integrated ERP systems required. PLEX experience a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- Finance: 5 years (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift