Location: Arlington, VA
Clearance Required: DoD Secret Clearance
Employee Type: Regular/Full-Time
What You’ll Get to Do:
CACI is looking for an experienced Data Architect to join our team to drive enterprise data management governance and policy for an IT office within the federal government and provide project level support for a complex case management system. We are interested in hiring an experienced Data Architect to work closely with our software and application development teams to recommend database structures based on the data storage and retrieval needs.
We are looking for a Data Architect that will actively participate in sprint planning and review sessions with the product owner and provide coordination with architecture, information assurance, requirements, testing and configuration management personnel.
More About the Role:
The project support position will involve working in an Agile development environment designing and developing new database models or providing complex enhancements to the existing database for this mission critical system. The system provides an integrated solution for capturing, sharing and reporting case related information. It automates, integrates and improves the investigative business processes, provides investigative/intelligence analysis and analytical processing, and supports electronic data sharing.
To succeed in this role, you should should have a passion for data and innovative theories and additional familiarity with:
- Maintain the integrity and security of the database including data encryption.
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve data.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Install and organize information systems to guarantee functionality.
- Develop database design and architecture documentation.
- Provide data analysis and establishes data standardization.
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions..
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Requires bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field; or an equivalent and 10 - 12 years of related experience with at least 7 years of experience in Data Architecture.
- Hands-on experience with:
- Oracle DB
- Sequel Server DB
- Database Encryption tools
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Visio Professional Plus
- Experience with Oracle and PL-SQL and complex database administration techniques.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology, processes, and techniques.
- Excellent organization, communication and writing skills, and have the ability to express yourself in technical discussion via strategy, implementation and design of application environments.
- Requires active Secret clearance with ability to obtain additional program clearances.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with some or all of the following:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $140,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Oracle and SQL Server: 10 years (Preferred)
- Erwin tool suite: 7 years (Required)
- Data Architect: 10 years (Preferred)
- Data Management Governance: 7 years (Preferred)
- Arlington, VA 22209 (Required)
Security Clearance Required:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19