The role will administer and perform a variety of day-to-day Business/Proposal development tasks with the purpose of winning new contracts. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Search for new opportunities that would be a good fit for the business using federal procurement databases
- Manage the RFP submittal requirements from start to finish
- Ensure that all standards and deadlines for proposals are met and reviews proposals for completeness and compliant with all requests for proposal (RFP) requirements while ensuring compliance with organizational standards
- Maintain applicable resource materials, and check that proper compliance with RFP requirements is being followed
- Write content for technical proposals, including creating past performance write-ups, resumes, and graphics, researching previous proposals to identify relevant content to incorporate in proposal sections, developing and conducting compliance matrices, and participating on Team reviews
- Develop past performance write-ups work and work with the administrative assistant to submit past performance questionnaires.
- Assist with obtaining Union/Collective Bargaining data and information related to projects and bids.
- Track and follow up with existing contracts that are coming up for renewal
- Assist with contract modifications that require additional equipment or labor.
- Assist the organization during the translation process after a new project is awarded to the company, such as participating in kickoff meetings, developing deliverables schedules, and setting up plan templates)
- Attend conference seminars and training classes (as needed/available)
- Responsible for Business Development’s role regarding the compliance of all GSA Schedules, such as providing the breakdown of GSA schedule items in any bid that is accepted by the client, resulting in a contract or task order being awarded to Native Energy
- May provide support for GSA Audits
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Must be able to work on-site at the corporate office located in San Antonio, Texas, and be able to work on a computer for extended periods of time. Must be able to perform all bulleted items in the position summary and must be present for all meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five (5) years of experience writing federal proposals, ideally for facility maintenance-related contracts
- Advanced proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite of applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, Publisher, Outlook. Graphical and strong presentation skills desired
- Experience supporting business development activities across all stages of the BD lifecycle
- Superior writing and editing skills with specific attention to detail
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task and effective organizational skills are a must
- RS Means knowledge
- Experience and proficiency using federal procurement databases, e.g., GovWin, SAMBeta.gov, EBuy, etc.
Additional Qualifying Factors
As a condition of employment may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Antonio, TX 78249: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Business development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Federal Proposal Writing: 5 years (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location