The Handyman will be responsible for performing multiple repair and maintenance tasks throughout the day, which could include, but is not limited to: carpentry work; electrical; plumbing; painting; HVAC; flooring; outdoor landscaping and snow removal; general facility repairs. The Handyman reports directly to the Market Manager/Director of Operations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Electrical repairs and maintenance: light bulbs, wiring, circuit breakers, fuses
- Carpentry & General Construction: woodwork, sanding, painting, etc
- General Plumbing: Toilets, faucets, fix leaks, etc
- Facility Repairs: doors, doorknobs, locks, broken tiles, polish floors, staining, etc
- Outdoors: landscaping and snow removal; sidewalks and driveways, etc
- Ability to reach and to lift materials weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance are required. Ability to stand, walk, and move rapidly for an eight (8) hour work shift. Ability to bend, stoop, twist and turn, climb stairs and on trucks. Ability to perform repetitious arm and wrist movements.
- Mental alertness to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- On occasion, able to work other shifts and overtime.
- Ability to learn new tasks and procedures.
- Ability to move furniture and equipment.
- Shop building environment
- Use of cleaning solutions.
- Exposure to dust, noise, and temperature changes
- Exposure to truck materials and liquids
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge in many aspects of repair & maintenance work
- Verbal communication
- Ability to read, write, and follow written and oral instructions
- Three years of handyman or related experience
- Knowledge of cleaning solutions and materials
- Able to work occasional overtime and other shifts
- Must be a team player and treat co-workers with respect
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Experience with plumbing and electrical systems required
- Excellent facility with common hand and power tools
- Familiarity with apartment unit layouts and infrastructures
- Ability to communicate well with property management and maintenance staff
- Willingness to uphold company standards for safety, tenant service and efficiency
Job Type: Full-time
- Plumbing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Handyman: 2 years (Required)
- Fast Food/Restaurant Equipment: 2 years (Required)
- Refrigeration: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Multiple locations
- On the road