THIS ROLE IS BASED IN RIYADH, KSA. SAUDI NATIONALS.
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer who is passionate about solving big data problems and developing innovative big data solutions. The big data engineer generally works on designing and building the infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from a variety of sources using technology like NoSQL, Hadoop, AWS.
- Work closely with data analytics team to understand their requirements.
- Work closely with data science and Center of Excellence digital solutions to translate ideas into prototypes and proof of concepts.
- Define big data solutions, understand use cases and workflows, and translate them into engineering deliverables.
- Analyze and evaluate applicable emerging big data technologies for adoption.
- Select technologies to meet business requests and technical needs and architecture solutions using NoSQL platforms, Hadoop - SQL.
- Conceptualize, architect and build data platforms infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from a variety of sources over big data technologies.
- Assist in developing data analytics software including, but not limited to, writing clean, well-structured, documented code following good software engineering practices; reusing and developing code libraries to promote the long-term sustainability of code.
- Support the development and implementation of advanced analytics and machine learning algorithms (prediction) in cloud/data warehouse.
- Provide data accessibility for data analytics frameworks in collaboration with the team analysts.
- Keep up to date with latest trends and technologies in the big data field.
- Where applicable, work hand in hand with all relevant stakeholders to understand execute counter extremism and tolerance interventions scope and objectives and execute accordingly.
Job Type / Category
This is a full-time position based in Riyadh, KSA.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or any other relevant field
- A minimum of 0-3 years of work experience in a similar role.
Experience and Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability of design, implementation and delivery of software projects.
- Experience in Scala, Java, C#, Python or other languages and frameworks for modelling and/or internet-based information system building.
- Experience in databases programming (SQL) and NOSQL databases.
- Experience of Web-based application development.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Cloud Computing Concepts and Web Services.
- Knowledge and familiarity with open source development technologies and tools.
- Experience in developing information retrieval, natural language processing and text mining applications desirable but not necessary.
- Knowledge of, or interest in, Arabic Natural Language Processing, Arabic Language Text Mining and Opinion mining concepts.
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis and data mining techniques and their practical applications, and interest of opinion mining techniques.
- Familiarity with one or more data analysis packages (e.g. SAS, Matlab, SPSS, R) and database programming is a plus.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Big Data: 2 years (Preferred)
- English & Arabic (Preferred)