The Branch Operations Leader (BOL) is a key member of the company, ensuring the operation success of the specific branch. You will be responsible for driving safety, controlling costs, developing the branch workforce, achieving branch goals, and successfully delivering modular space solutions to our customers “Ready to Work!”
Headquartered in historic Fell’s Point, Baltimore, MD, Williams Scotsman, Inc. is the leading modular building provider for space solutions in the construction, education, energy, industrial, commercial/retail, healthcare, and government markets. We serve approximately 50,000 customers with space solution needs each day, through a network of 100+ branch locations throughout North America.
Responsibilities of the Branch Operations Leader include, but are not limited to:
- Manages employee health and safety through creating a safer workplace, DuPont STOP™, training and observations, and regularly scheduled assessments of the branch.
- Conducts periodic safety meetings as well as update safety documents and logs i.e. OSHA, DOT/DQF.
- Ensures operating standards are conducted; supported by robust training and communication actions.
- Provides managerial oversight to both contractors and full time branch operational employees (direct labor, field service, dispatch, admin, etc.)
- Oversees the ongoing maintenance, inventory and servicing of the fleet through efficient use of company resources (time, people, money, etc.)
- Ensures timely and accurate work order, off rent/damage bill, inventory and purchasing compliance.
- Ensures accurate and readily available major/minor part, VAPS and other resources necessary to conducting efficient operations.
- Collaborates with HR and leadership to effectively manage branch workforce, ensuring the right recruiting and workforce training strategies are in place to advance company goals. Assesses talent, implements employee development plans and creates and maintains a learning environment. Proactively seeks out top talent externally to maintain a robust pool of qualified talent.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with vendors and customers through open, proactive communication
Education and Qualifications:
- College Degree preferred; high school diploma or equivalent considered with 5-7 years of experience as a manager in a service shop/manufacturing/building construction environment
- Experience with Continuous Improvement fundamentals
- Some financial (P&L) management skills; experience controlling operating costs and monitoring actual vs. budget financial performance is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office/Excel/Word/Outlook; experience with MS Project, Hyperion, or reporting tools like Cognos is a plus.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Competency across a broad range of operational areas including fleet, logistics, etc.
Williams Scotsman is an AA/EEO/W/M/Vet/Disabled employer
Job Type: Full-time