This position requires an advanced technical aptitude and performs some supervisory responsibilities. A Tax Senior must be able to handle complex assignments (i.e., return review and tax research), begin to learn the complete process of managing all tasks regarding client work, and take a lead role in reviewing the work of less experienced staff. The Tax Senior plays an active role in the liaison to client management including appropriate coordination with internal upper management team members. Incumbents will be called upon to perform a variety of special assignments and to participate in the Firm’s internal programs such as recruitment activities.
• All duties may include any or all of the following:
o Conducts and supervises field work.o Provides entry level staff supervision accountability.
o Monitors workload on a weekly basis to ensure work for the coming week.
o Assists in the completion of all financial statements, tax returns and special services.
o Assists in reviewing reports, statements, and returns processed by the administrative staff.
o Assists in reviewing work papers, financial statements and tax returns before submission to an Associate or Manager for further review.o Develops opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
o Continues developing a network for future practice development opportunities.
o Assists in planning engagements to achieve quality goals and reduces time required to perform an engagement.
o Stays familiar with pronouncements from the AICPA and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
o Begins to research accounting and tax issues as appropriate.
o Monitors billable hours and compares to target billable hour goals on a regular basis.
o Maintains the required CPE for firm and licensing standards.o May assist Audit with assigned projects on an as required basis.
• Provides courteous and prompt service to all internal and external customers. Prioritizes and addresses requests and assignments in a professional manner to develop cooperative relationships and to ensure that customer confidentiality is assured.
• Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, work processes and financial performance, e.g. expense management. Assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
• Assists co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service. Orients new co-workers and actively supports teamwork throughout the firm.
• Performs other services as required.
Skills, Education, and/or Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
• 150 hours of college credit is required
.• CPA designation is preferred, but not required.
• 2+ years of relevant position experience is preferred.
• Experience in a public accounting or professional services firm environment is preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of individuals
.• Ability to deal effectively with interpersonal relationships.
• Must possess a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
• Must be computer literate with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to Microsoft Office Suite of products or similar software applications.
• Must be highly organized and capable of performing multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
• Critical thinking skill capabilities are essential.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Internal Revenue Code and Regulations is required. This includes being aware of relevant court cases and other IRS announcements and authorities.
• Light to moderate amounts of lifting, kneeling, bending, sitting and walking is required. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus to work with computers. The noise level is usually moderate, but normal hearing abilities are required.
• The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position requires less than 25% travel. Due to the nature of the position’s requirements, the travel requirement may exceed 25% based on the needs of the client.