Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
As a Technical Solutions Engineer in the Android WiFi Platform, you will be the point of contact for all debugging, triaging and competitive analysis efforts for the Android Wifi Platform. You will also be responsible for coordinating with teams across Android platform, hardware teams and other PA's to ensure our WiFi efforts are optimal.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Work closely with vendors to maintain and improve Pixel product excellence with hardware and software updates.
- Maintain Pixel WiFi performance, power and reliability, and the Android WiFi connectivity experience.
- Diagnose and resolve complex customer issues for the Google Pixel product area.
- Orchestrate data and analysis to quantitatively evaluate user experience.
- Innovate WiFi protocol to improve user experience.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with radio frequency systems (e.g. WiFi).
- MS degree.
- Experience with embedded Linux and device drivers.
- Comprehensive knowledge of WiFi protocol based on standards (e.g. IEEE 802.11 and WiFi Alliance).
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.