About Family Engagement Lab and FASTalk
Family Engagement Lab is a national not-for-profit organization whose mission is to help schools ignite the power of families to support learning. Our program, FASTalk (Families and Schools Talk), launched in 2017, is an innovative technology for teachers to send curriculum-aligned text messages to families in their home language. FASTalk helps all families turn everyday moments into learning opportunities. In its first year, FASTalk improved literacy outcomes for participating students in Oakland Unified School District. Our program, launched in 2017, is now used in classrooms to reach more than 14,000 families across the country.
We are seeking an experienced sales professional who brings strong relationship skills and a passion for Family Engagement Lab’s mission. The Manager will own key district relationships in Louisiana, develop call lists to engage contacts in target districts, conduct meetings to identify district goals, map our district stakeholders to develop follow-up strategies, and vet marketing-generated leads. This role will interface with all levels within accounts, from District Administrators to Principals to teachers, developing relationships that result in solution-oriented sales.
This role reports to the CEO. This is a remote position, but must be located within Louisiana (flexible location) with ability to travel 50% of the time. This is a contract position and may be a part-time to full-time position, depending on the candidate. This position may convert to a full-time position with benefits in 2020.
- Build positive line of communication (based on mutual respect, trust, integrity, and clear, honest and open dialog) to build and maintain relationships with prospective clients.
- High degree of knowledge of FASTalk features and impact, and closely interface with the product and customer success staff to understand the breadth and limitations of FASTalk.
- Deliver FASTalk sales demonstrations online and in-person.
- Support CRM data integrity: maintain accurate prospect/lead/client database
- Send appropriate e-marketing materials to prospects by determining their need
- Attend trade shows, conferences and other events as needed.
- Report back to product and implementation team relevant input and feedback.
- Actively participate in the evaluation of new product client requests.
- At least 2 years of proven sales success in K-12 education, with proficient understanding of the buying and selling cycles of Louisiana schools
- Dedication to educational equity and an understanding of the historic and structural factors that contribute to inequitable outcomes for students
- Confidence and experience in networking with high-level decision makers
- Current understanding of the Louisiana PreK-12 education market trends and issues
- Excellent public presentation and written communication skills, professional demeanor
- Uses data to inform decisions, and understand school system needs
- Experience with CRM tool Pipedrive or willingness to learn
- Self-directed, collaborative, responsive, and deadline-driven
- Highly effective with time management, along with internal and external communication via phone, email and remote channels (Webex, Zoom, Skype, JoinMe)
- Ability to assess customer needs, and develop appropriate solution-based proposals
- BA/BS degree or working toward degree, teaching credential is a plus!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- account management in K-12 education: 2 years (Required)