Leader within the Statistical Programming team who will oversee and leads one or more project teams in the development and delivery of Project Statistical Analyses.
- Minimum of 10 years of SAS programming experience or a comparable skill set; minimum of 7 years in the pharmaceutical industry as a Clinical/Statistical SAS Programmer
- Excellent understanding of and generous experience with:
SAS Macro Facility, including project- and department-level macros
Database design principles
General statistical concepts and procedures
Any additional SAS modules as required by the specific job position
- Strong knowledge and experience using ODS to produce output to various destinations (Word, Excel, XML)
- Experience with the development of complex SAS Macros to streamline and enhance programming processes, quality and efficiencies
- Experience in developing technical programming specifications
- Strong knowledge of and experience with a Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong knowledge of and experience with CDISC Data Standards.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience leading programming project teams
- Ability to work on concurrent projects and prioritize appropriately
- BS/BA or equivalent degree
Specific Job Duties:
- Lead at least one assigned project team of Statistical Programmers for on time delivery of statistical analyses. Includes the management of resources, study-level metrics, timelines, budget and quality
- Represent statistical programming in internal cross-functional project team meetings
- Liaise with Project Statistician and Client to review and implement any client specific processes or procedures
- Review Analysis Plans and provide feedback to the author(s)
- Set up program and documentation templates for new projects
- Develop and/or review analysis dataset specifications
- Write, modify and maintain programs which produce complex analysis data sets, data listings, summary tables and figures as specified in Statistical Analysis plans
- Prepare programming project deliverables and documentation for delivery to clients as outlined in SOPs
- Packaging of final analysis documentation for delivery to client. Included is the analysis DEFINE.xml, Reviewers Guide and any other required project specific documentation
- Mentor junior programmers in communication and introduce them to the project management skills required to successfully implement and run a project
- Contribute towards process improvements, including development and maintenance of a central macro library, department procedures and any corresponding Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide time and resource estimates for work that is out of scope on existing projects
- Act as technical consultant to other departments.
- Attend client meetings
- Other duties as assigned by management
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visiting