Office & Technical Support
Under the supervision of the Bursar, the Campus Business Office Technician is responsible for the daily operation of the campus business office. This position is responsible for campus accounting transactions including setting up third party contracts, reconciling & journaling checking accounts and cash deposits, and assisting students with pay agreements. Responsibilities include overseeing and directing the work of appropriate staff. This position assists in managing the daily college business operations and ensures that College policies and procedures are followed by making judgments regarding the integrity of data submitted at the campus level.
Preference will be given to internal candidates.
Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
- Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
- Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
- Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
1. Associate degree in accounting or related field desired. Prior related work experience in customer service and bookkeeping strongly preferred.
2. Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of a computer, computer applications and software such as email, word processing, and spreadsheet programs.
3. Ability to organize, coordinate and prioritize work with minimal supervision.
4. Ability to be detail-oriented, well-organized, to work independently on assigned tasks and to work under pressure.
5. Ability to effectively communicate by both written and verbal means.
6. Ability to obtain driver’s license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy.
Standing, Walking (Frequently);
Sitting, handling/fingering, reaching outward, reaching above shoulders (Occasionally);
Lifting/Carrying 10 lbs. or less (Frequently), 11-20 lbs. (Occasionally);
Pushing/Pulling 12 lbs. or less (Occasionally)
- Assist students with setting up payment agreements. Assign and edit negative service indicators. Track student payments; contact students regarding non-payment if necessary. Prepare reports of non-paying students and forward to appropriate staff.
- Make informational presentations to students and others on tuition, fees, payment plans, etc.
- Provide cross-functional customer service to students, staff, and other customers both internally and externally. Assess customer needs and advise currently enrolled, new, and potential students, using knowledge of financial aid, assessment, admissions, orientation, registration, student activities and foundation processes and guidelines.
- Oversee and direct the work of business office assistants and other appropriate staff.
- Set up new organizational units. Authorize and create agency third party contracts in PeopleSoft for both credit and non-credit, including HSED and Youth Options. Attach students to contracts in system.
- Resolve billing discrepancies and issues.
- Prepare invoices for agencies. Send out past due notices; forward notices to administrative office for action by collection agency.
- Run PeopleSoft queries to monitor student and agency accounts to determine past due fees.
- Balance and complete the report of deposit for business office service areas and student and organization fees.
- Maintain sales tax record.
- Journal and ledger all funds received in office.
- Maintain and reconcile assigned checking accounts and credit cards.
- Enter work study and tutor timesheets.
- Actively participate in college-wide and campus committees and teams.
Testing Date:Testing Time:
No applicant testing is required for this position.
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Weeks per year:
25 hours per week
Hours per week:
52 weeks per year
Salary Hiring Range:
Support and Technical Personnel Level I Fiscal Year 2019 Wage Range Table $16.49/hour
Wisconsin Retirement System
Paid Time Off
Detailed information online at:
To apply, visit https://witc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2172
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency