- Maintain and update the ADP payroll database with all payroll, benefits, time-off and HRIS–related data.
- Show team (new and existing) how to properly utilize Work Force Now for time and attendance, exception reporting, mobile and desktop apps. Assist hourly employees with “punches”, as required. Train supervisors on the approval process.
- Transmit the bi-weekly payroll.
- Handle all initial on-boarding of new employees for payroll and, when eligible (first of the month following 30), benefits.
- Enroll all new hires with UHC (Medical, dental and vision) and Lincoln (Life, AD&D, STD, LTD), HSA, 401(k) and other carriers and providers as required.
- Assist in the off-boarding of exiting employees. Explain termination of all lines off coverage, input data to UHC and Lincoln. Contact COBRA-Help to enroll in COBRA in a timely fashion. Provide 401(k) termination documentation and guidance.
- Assist with the annual Open Enrollment. This may include, explaining benefits to employees, ensuring enrollments in all lines of coverage, providing census, and other data, to carriers.
- Review and audit Open Enrollment selections as well as the monthly benefit vendor invoices against active/term/COBRA participants.
- Proof, balance and upload the bi-weekly 401(k) and HSA contributions to the carriers. Maintain all proper documentation in employee files.
- Create employee personnel files and keep up with all department filing. Scan and back-up files and maintain a database of documentation.
- Maintain and purge the I-9 forms.
- Conduct all background screenings of new hires – offered positions.
- Handle all timely input to the E-Verify system of hires once on board – within 3 days of hire.
- Update/monitor vacation balances
- Prepare the annual EEO report.
- Assist in preparation for the annual 401(k), Worker’s Comp and Financial Audits.
- Work with Human Resources Manager on the annual ACA employee and employer filings.
- Maintain the corporate Organization Charts.
- HR resource to all employees about HR-related questions and practices & policies.
- Complete unemployment, worker’s comp, garnishments and other documents as requested.
- Provide administrative assistance as required of the Manager, Human Resources and the Finance team.
- Three years’ administrative experience in Human Resources with at least one year of hands-on ADP Work Force Now payroll/HRIS and reporting experience.
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources preferred. PHR a plus.
- Must have a “can-do” attitude, excellent customer service skills and have strong Excel, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Temporary
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)