We are seeking a motivated and customer oriented Remote Business Analyst to join our team working from home to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Remote/Virtual work (on site work required on a "needs" basis).
As a Business Analyst, the ideal candidate will have an engineering or a science background and possess excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills with both excellent written and oral communication skills. The candidate will be able to quickly understand the existing system and define business requirements and translate them into functional and system requirements. Ability to produce quality documents such as flowcharts, context diagrams, wireframes, BRD etc. The ideal candidate will have experience in Agile Methodology, understand Federal Acquisition and Contract management, and ability to write user stories for medium to large-scale web applications.
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodology, Scrum theory, rules, and practices.
- Lead the requirement gathering session with business users and capture the requirements.
- Build trust and establish close working relationships with client and the project team.
- Prepare quality documents for requirements, wireframes, workflows, BRD, UAT and other deliverables.
- Define scope based on both business and technical requirements and work with project team to identify, define, document, and communicate these requirements.
- Provides business and systems analysis support for projects collaborating with customers and developers to identify, define, interpret, and clarify scope of problems/issues in terms of business/systems requirements and processes.
- Participate and contribute to Agile ceremonies, including but not limited to: Program Increment Meetings, Daily Stand-Up Meetings, Iteration Reviews, Retrospective Meetings, and Backlog Refinement Meetings.
- Write clear and concise user stories and decompose complex topics and experience to explain them using white boards.
- Support application enhancements and maintenance work concurrently.
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise related to existing legacy systems.
- Assist project team in training and testing to verify business requirements.
- Work with Development and Technical teams to troubleshoot application's problems/issues and find the root cause and suggest solutions/alternatives.
- Responsible for the preparation of contract deliverables as directed by the PM.
Nice to Have:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (or GC with 3 years of continuous stay in US) and eligible to get Government Clearance.
- BS or MS in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- 4 years of experience as a business analyst or related role in supporting moderate to high complex IT projects.
- Experience performing business/requirements analysis, requirements elicitation, solution assessment and validation.
- Strong SQL abilities for database query and reporting.
- Federal acquisition and Contract management knowledge is a plus.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and facilitation skills to effectively lead discussions across multiple groups.
- 2 or more years of experience in SaaS/Cloud based IT systems.
- CBAP Certification.
- Experience with Acquisition and Contract management systems.
- Experience with full suite of software lifecycle tools (Confluence, HP ALM, Jira etc.).
- Familiarity with other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving, presentation, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability