Bishop McCarthy Center is looking for experienced LPNs and experienced RNs. Long term care experience is preferred. We are seeking an RN/LPN for our Full time and part time 3-11 shift (every other weekend is required) or an RN/LPN for part time every other weekend for 11-7 shift.
Our team of seasoned staff works together to offer excellent service and care to each resident.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) delivers excellent nursing care while adhering to the Department of Health regulations and Federal Health Care Administration. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) assists with nursing assessments and care planning, administers direct resident care, and supervises resident care provided by unlicensed staff.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Responsibilities:
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Qualifications:
- Provides quality nursing care to residents to maintain or attain the highest practical level of functioning
- Assesses residents for any decline of condition, signs of change in condition, weight loss, decline in ambulation, change in ADLs, development of skin breakdown, etc.
- Notifies appropriate staff per facility protocol of the need for evaluation and informs staff on any changes in assessment when appropriate
- Administers medications and treatments to residents which includes; monitoring administration of intravenous fluids and placing orders for medication
- Confer with residents and families on any issues relating to care and services
- Make referrals to other departments when appropriate
- Complete employee and resident incident reports and complete follow-up investigation forms
- Maintain accountability for controlled substances by reviewing inventory medications with another licensed nurse and notifying supervisors of any discrepancies
- Supervise the CNAs and the unit clerk in regards to work procedures, expediting work flow, evaluations, counseling and discipline
- Performs other related job duties as required
Benefits offered including:
- Must have an active license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of New Jersey
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
Vacation, PTO, 401K, Health Insurance, Dental, Vision
Full time and part time shifts are available.
Equal Opportunity Employer