The receiver is responsible for accepting, signing for, and keeping records of deliveries as well as organizing merchandise for placement on the sales floor. The receiver provides customer service as needed.
Duties / Essential Functions:
- Unload and open boxes of incoming merchandise and dispose of waste
- Check all incoming merchandise against orders
- Place merchandise in proper receiving areas
- Maintain inventory records, execute proper forms, etc.
- Maintain inventory control and accuracy
- Ensure sufficient merchandise is brought to the sales floor in a timely manner
- Receive and check returned materials and prepare appropriate forms.
- Maintain file of completed forms (e.g., requisitions from Stores, etc.)
- Keep receiving areas neat and clean
- Gain product familiarization for all merchandise carried by the company.
- Stock and replenish merchandise
- Coordinate product exchange and transfers
- Stamp, mark or tag price on merchandise
- Arrange displays to promote sales
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining the orderly appearance of the store
- Fill tanks and conduct inspections following company sponsored VIP training
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices
- Other tasks as assigned by the General Manager or designee
- Receiving, stockroom or related experience preferred
- Certified Scuba Diver or Dive Instructor highly desirable. If not currently certified, must complete at least the academic requirements of a scuba course within the first 90 days of employment
- A combination of education, certifications, and work experience may be qualifying
- Overall understanding of personal computer operation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow direction and demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing tasks
- Strong organizational skills and good attention to detail
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as dictated by retail needs
- Position requires employee to work on his/her feet 100% of the time.
- Ability to bend and squat
- Ability to lift/carry 50+ pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to access all areas of the store
- Ability to read, write, count and possess good mathematical abilities
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Receiving or Stockroom: 1 year (Preferred)